AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TV Talk, Generally
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheri wrote:
[
This past week was hilarious because he was all talk about wanting someone adventerous and willing to swing Rolling Eyes and then when she fixed him up with that kind of girl he was backtracking. very funny. cheri

Wasn't that a riot! She totally scared the heck out of him, lol. I love Millionaire Matchmaker, Patti is such a riot! These jerks that will only date younger women though annoy the heck out of me, Patti can send them gorgeous girls who are intelligent and have a great personality as well and it's just not good enough because of that little age number. Grrrr.

I'm also hooked on ANTM, DWTS, Survivor (missed last week) and The Biggest Loser.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
[

Wasn't that a riot! She totally scared the heck out of him, lol. I love Millionaire Matchmaker, Patti is such a riot! These jerks that will only date younger women though annoy the heck out of me, Patti can send them gorgeous girls who are intelligent and have a great personality as well and it's just not good enough because of that little age number. Grrrr.

Linda

Love Patti! Did you see the show where the 40+ yr. old guy didn't want to date above 26...or never ever above 30? She inisisted he not ask ages and she set him up with that beautiful woman who had a great job, was smart and surfed...as well as he did on the first date. They were a match made in heaven but he got her age out of her somehow...she was 33 (omg!) and he never called her again. Another idiot.

edited to add....I like The Biggest Loser too, but it's on the same time as American Idol. Crying or Very sad
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[quote
Love Patti! Did you see the show where the 40+ yr. old guy didn't want to date above 26...or never ever above 30? She insisted he not ask ages and she set him up with that beautiful woman who had a great job, was smart and surfed...as well as he did on the first date. They were a match made in heaven but he got her age out of her somehow...she was 33 (omg!) and he never called her again. Another idiot.

edited to add....I like The Biggest Loser too, but it's on the same time as American Idol. Crying or Very sad

Yep, I was thinking of him specifically when I typed that! I mean that woman was PERFECT, she had it all and they had so much in common! And he's so caught up in the age number that he couldn't get past it and let's face it, it's not like he was Mr. Perfect himself.

And how about that jerk that was mad because the girl wouldn't go to Vegas with him on the first date, what a bozo!

I liked the ep where the millionaire guy said he only wanted younger women..until he met up with the beautiful blond millionaress and he was able to get past the age thing and enjoy her company. Honestly, I had no idea men were so hung up on age.

Did you see the recent one with the millionaress that had all the botox her face didn't move? lmao! I love how straightforward Patti is and she will call it like she sees it.

Ok..just stop me now, obviously I am hooked on that show, lol

Linda
ps - I don't watch AI, I know there must be something wrong with me. I love to watch people dance but not listen to them sing.
cheri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That show for some reason is ADDICTING and hilarious all together. I loved the episode where the 2 millionaries hooked up. Kinda awkward when they came out to tell the candidates that they weren't picking anyone but each other. LOL! I love that she's so straightforward about everything and yes the millionariess who had all that work done. The first guy she set her up on was SO awkward too. Huge silences, even me as a viewer was uncomfortable with it almost enough to change the channel, ALMOST Wink. The second guy she got set up on was a knockout and probably had a wife and 5 kids! I thought romance novel hero immediately. Way to perfect. And she was all over liking him. Yeah, very fun show. Again, don't know why I like it but I do. That is the second time I've seen the sextoy guy but probably won't be the last either. Laughing cheri
xina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheri and Linda, The show grows on you...that's for sure. I wasn't hooked right away. I don't think I watched a whole show until just recently and Patti just started cracking me up. I love how she rolls her eyes and tells those guys they will eventually be alone in a nursing home. hee. And how she tells ths women to not wear so much makeup and to condition their hair! Okay...she's kind of rude, but I suppose she has to be.
What about that millionaire painter who chose that very quiet and sort of sweet girl. I thought he was a little creepy, but she liked him and apparently, they stayed together. For the second date he had painted a portrait of her. Patti told her to bake him cookies and she said she didn't bake. I don't know why I thought that was funny, but I think it's Patti's facial expressions or whatever....
cheri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah he was a little on the uncomfortably weird side but I thought the painting was sweet not as stalker as I thought it might be. and it was a beautiful painting of her. Yeah they seemed like they were going to stay together. And if I was not married and dating a millionaire and he painted me, cookies don't begin to cut it. Laughing I thought the look on the girl who thougth she was getting picked after the mini date was priceless. cheri
xina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheri wrote:
I thought the look on the girl who thougth she was getting picked after the mini date was priceless. cheri

Yeah, that was funny. He chose the shy reserved girl, which I just thought was wonderful. And she did seem very sweet and totally comfortable with him. Maybe he was different in person. I think it's hard to convey a personality on that show. We just get a short amount of their dates and usually, they seem to pick out the best or most uncomfortable parts of the date. O
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
cheri wrote:
I thought the look on the girl who thougth she was getting picked after the mini date was priceless. cheri

Yeah, that was funny. He chose the shy reserved girl, which I just thought was wonderful. And she did seem very sweet and totally comfortable with him. Maybe he was different in person. I think it's hard to convey a personality on that show. We just get a short amount of their dates and usually, they seem to pick out the best or most uncomfortable parts of the date. O

Xina, he creeped me out too, the way he was looking so intensely at her with googly eyes! lol I also thought his gift of the painting was extravagant and I thought it was on their first date?

This is actually the second season, first round was hilarious as well. Only there was this ep that was just like something you'd see in a romance novel, both gorgeous and he asked her to marry him on their first date! She said yes but I heard later he was a jerk, got her to move in with him and then didn't want to get married so she left him. I was kind of disappointed because it was presented as such a fairytale episode.

Cheri, the look on her face priceless and I bet they watch these episodes and wished they'd done more to cover their shock and disappointment. with most of these guys it's easy to see why they're single, I love how Patti tries to 'fix' them.

Dave the sex toy guy was from season one I think but apparently he's back since what he tried wasn't working, at least he got rid of the bed in his living room. Bwah!

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: