AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazing Race 14

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Margaret

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Amazing Race 14 Reply with quote

The 14th race Exclamation Amazing. I think I started watching around the 8th.

I thought the first episode of this seasons race was fantastic. (I taped the 2nd episode, but haven't found time to watch it yet...it's a family thing, and trying to get us all to sit down at the same time is harder than it should be).

I have to say watching them try to get the cheese wheels down the hill was highly entertaining. I haven't picked a favourite yet. And it touched me more than I thought it would when Phil used ASL to declare Luke(?) and his mom the winners.

The Amazing Race always takes the Emmy Award, but is overshadowed on the boards by American Idol. Is anyone following TAR this season? Thoughts?
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret, I'm definitely following TAR. It's my very favorite reality show.

You're right, the cheese wheels were just hysterical. I loved how the local people were laughing as the contestants struggled (that sounds mean, but it really wasn't).

I actually don't have a favorite team either at this point. Usually there are one or two teams that I hate early on, but none to this point.

I'm really happy that they're back in Europe this time as well.
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys ever checked out the "Elimination Station" videos that are uploaded on the official "Amazing Race" CBS web site?

They show what happens to the eliminated couples as they are put in sequester at a nice house, somewhere on the race route, so that they don't return home and tip off who has left the race. I believe they choose a location that is close to the last part of the race and the first six-to-seven couples, who leave the race, go there. (The other eliminated couples remain with the race to act as decoys so as not to tip off who the final three are.)

Anyway, this season's "Elimination Station" is located in Thailand and there are videos showing the arrival of the eliminated couples thus far: Jennifer and Preston, Steve and Linda, and Brad and Victoria.

It's interesting to see what their view of the race was, who they anticipate will be joining them next, and how they interact with each other.

Elimination Station Link

(You will need an Adobe flash player installed to see these videos. I've had success using the Firefox browser. Internet Explorer is so clunky for me.)
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thanks for the reminder about Elimination Station, Sandylynn! I checked it out regularly last season, but completely forgot about it this year. Heading over their now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: