AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My favorite nerd/geek

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maggie AAR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: My favorite nerd/geek Reply with quote

OK, I'll admit it. I love me some nerd every once in a while. This week Daniel Farrady from "LOST" officially became my new favorite nerd. Beards? Don't work for me. Physicists? Too smart. Mustaches, sideburns? But somehow on Dan, they all work.

So. Does anyone else find themselves loving a nerd character? Who are your favorites??

maggie b.
Margaret

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: My favorite nerd/geek Reply with quote

maggie b. wrote:
OK, I'll admit it. I love me some nerd every once in a while. This week Daniel Farrady from "LOST" officially became my new favorite nerd. Beards? Don't work for me. Physicists? Too smart. Mustaches, sideburns? But somehow on Dan, they all work.

So. Does anyone else find themselves loving a nerd character? Who are your favorites??

maggie b.

Right now I'd have to say Sheldon from Big Bang Theory...he needs someone to loosen up his buttons. Wink
iluvarake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: My favorite nerd/geek Reply with quote

Margaret wrote:
maggie b. wrote:

maggie b.

Right now I'd have to say Sheldon from Big Bang Theory...he needs someone to loosen up his buttons. Wink

I was just trying to decide if I had enough nerve to post the same thing! The trouble is I'm afraid Sheldon would prefer asexual budding for his reproduction. Laughing
KarenS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: My favorite nerd/geek Reply with quote

iluvarake wrote:
.... quits the room....

Your thingie at the bottom of your post(what it's called) seems like something Wulfric said about Christine from Slightly Dangerous. If not what book, what hero and what heroine? Inquiring mind(or just plain nosy) wants to know.
iluvarake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a line that struck me from Marrying the Captain by Carla Kelly.
sandilib

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: My favorite nerd/geek Reply with quote

maggie b. wrote:
So. Does anyone else find themselves loving a nerd character? Who are your favorites?? maggie b.

Mine has been, for many years, Grissom (sp?) from CSI (the Vegas one). I would say he is a nerd. He is absolutely brilliant and I luuuv him. There are better looking characters in that show, but I will take Grissom over any of them AND let him eat crackers in bed too ! Razz
KarenS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iluvarake wrote:
It's a line that struck me from Marrying the Captain by Carla Kelly.

Thanks for the info. It is a lovely thought the hero has about the heroine.
You have piqued my interest with this story so I am going to look for it.
Carla Kelly is a wonderful writer. I really enjoyed The Wedding Journey.
xina

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Allison's husband (Medium), Joe count? He's an aerospace engineer. Love him, but I don't know if he's geek material.
Maggie AAR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Does Allison's husband (Medium), Joe count? He's an aerospace engineer. Love him, but I don't know if he's geek material.

I would count him. He is attractive without being beautiful and a touch on the nerdy side, imo.

maggie b.
dick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Define nerd/geek, please. Can't see how beards are nerdy/geekish--unless they're thin and undernourished.
Maggie AAR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dick wrote:
Hey! Define nerd/geek, please. Can't see how beards are nerdy/geekish--unless they're thin and undernourished.

They aren't necessarily nerd/geeky -- but on this particular character it is him as a whole that is nerd/geeky. Here is a link to a picture of the guy I am talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Faraday

He is an awesome character, btw.

maggie b.
Maggie AAR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I forgot the guys from the squint squad on "Bones"! Not so much Zack, (sorry Zack) but definitely Dr. Jack Hodgins and I even have a soft spot for Dr. Sweets ever since he Star Warsed them one time Wink

Not Boone, he is not a squint and has not an ounce of nerd to him.Very Happy He is however, very, very hot.

maggie b.
Diana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Byrne of Talking Heads back when be had his eighties horn-rimmed glasses and slicky hair...he'd get angsty and overwrought singing "Once in a Lifetime." I thought he was cuter before he bleached his hair and got rid of the geek glasses.
HeatherB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret wrote:
Quote:
Right now I'd have to say Sheldon from Big Bang Theory...he needs someone to loosen up his buttons.

iluvarake wrote:

Quote:
I was just trying to decide if I had enough nerve to post the same thing! The trouble is I'm afraid Sheldon would prefer asexual budding for his reproduction.

Ha! I was just thinking the same thing. I love Sheldon - one of the best written characters on TV in my opinion.

maggie b. wrote:
Quote:
OK, I'll admit it. I love me some nerd every once in a while. This week Daniel Farrady from "LOST" officially became my new favorite nerd.

I only see him as the cowardly (though understandably so) boy from Saving Private Ryan and it prevents me from being sympathetic toward his character. I hate it when I stereotype actors, but there it is.

AAR Heather
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: