AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My avatar...a question.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xina

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: My avatar...a question. Reply with quote

I can't get my avatar to stick!! It's there, then it's gone. Very confusing. I go to my profile and the picture is there. I have a feeling I am missing a step here. If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it. thanks!
Tee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina, sometimes the site where you picked it up from or where you uploaded it has problems and then it affects its showing on a page or not. I uploaded my graphic to Photobucket, then downloaded it to this site. Did you get yours from another site?

Maybe you can make a copy of it to your computer, then upload it to Photobucket and go from there?

Good luck. I'm out of town dealing with a family medical issue and will not be accessing the computer very often this week. I hope your problem goes away by the time time I visit AAR again.
xina

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
xina, sometimes the site where you picked it up from or where you uploaded it has problems and then it affects its showing on a page or not. I uploaded my graphic to Photobucket, then downloaded it to this site. Did you get yours from another site?

Maybe you can make a copy of it to your computer, then upload it to Photobucket and go from there?

Good luck. I'm out of town dealing with a family medical issue and will not be accessing the computer very often this week. I hope your problem goes away by the time time I visit AAR again.

I knew you'd help me Tee! Very Happy Thanks. I'll try the photobucket thing. Good luck with your family issues. See you soon...xina
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:

Xina, whatever image you found, save it to a folder/file on your computer.

Then, open a Photobucket account. It's free. Photobucket is only a platform for hosting the images and photos you want to upload.

When you open the account, take the image you saved to your computer and upload it to Photobucket, making sure you size it as "avatar" size. (For the future, if you want to share an image with the board within your message, you can size it larger -- message board size, or whatever other option you want. Obviously, not avatar however.)

Anyway, once you save it to photobucket, you want to copy and paste the "Direct Link" code, under your image, to the box in your profile that is labelled "link to off-site Avatar" and that should do it. It has for me, as I just changed mine again.

(If anyone has another avenue for doing this, please speak up. My own path to this has changed over time.)
xina

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sandlynn! I'm going to work on it today when I have a moment. xina
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:

Congratulations, Xina! You did it. Lovely "Lassie" dog aka collie! Does she/he have a meaning to you? Do you have a collie?
xina

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandlynn wrote:
xina wrote:

Congratulations, Xina! You did it. Lovely "Lassie" dog aka collie! Does she/he have a meaning to you? Do you have a collie?

Yes, I have a sheltie that could be this dog's twin. I am not savvy enough to post a picture of my sweetie, so this is the next best thing. When I saw this picture...I had to have it. My sheltie is a little thing, and this dog looks very fine- boned like mine. Isn't he/she cute? I've had shelties my whole life and they all have very distinctive personalities.
Thanks to Tee....she helped me make this little guy stick. And you too Sandlynn...thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: