AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oscar Picks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kass

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Oscar Picks Reply with quote

And once again the Academy does a really poor job. No mention of Dear Zachary in the documentary category, nomination of Benjamin Button (which from what I hear really isn't that good), completely ignored Let the Right One In...good job, guys. Good job.

My blog: http://www.thoughts.com/allergywoman/blog
http://www.shelfari.com/o1517440994
LeeB.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised about Kate Winslet not being nominated for Revolutionary Road.
Cora

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Oscar Picks Reply with quote

Kass wrote:
And once again the Academy does a really poor job. No mention of Dear Zachary in the documentary category, nomination of Benjamin Button (which from what I hear really isn't that good), completely ignored Let the Right One In...good job, guys. Good job.

Baader Meinhof Complex gets a nomination, while Let the Right One In doesn't. There truly is no justice in Oscar nominations.
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Oscar Picks Reply with quote

Cora wrote:
Kass wrote:

Baader Meinhof Complex gets a nomination, while Let the Right One In doesn't. There truly is no justice in Oscar nominations.

I agree with you both that Let the Right One In should have at least received a nomination. It was not a perfect film but it resonated, and several months later I still think about it and the characters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: