The Undying King
Grade : B+

I recently read this, and as usual, Draven does not disappoint. The tale is a twist on the Beauty and the Beast trope, except in this case, both characters carry their own curses. The maiden Imogen has been cursed with the touch of death, and wants to be rid of it; the King Cededa’s enchanted immortality has become a unceasingly lonely, treacherous and regrettable prison for him. You can see why the pairing between Imogen and Cededa works, especially when told in Draven’s sensual, evocative prose.

I had previously loved Draven’s Master of Crows, Entreat Me and Radiance, so when I saw that she had released a new book, I knew I had to read it. Draven’s fantasy romance fiction has become an auto-buy for me, especially because she takes ordinary female characters and turns them into believable heroines – and gives them that happy ending, of course.

Reviewed by Mandy S
Grade : B+
Book Type: Fantasy Romance

Sensuality: Warm

Review Date : January 20, 2017

Publication Date: 11/2016

Recent Comments …

1. Except for the obvious adult situations, Astrid sounds like she has the maturity of a child with the “no hockey…

Mandy S

Aspiring pirate masquerading as a solicitor/ connoisseur of wallpapers, illustrations and quotations/ loves black ink and instrumental music/ would like to own a start-up one day/ suffers from the yo-yo syndrome from time to time.
Subscribe
Notify of

1 Comment
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
What's your opinion?x
()
x