AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

His Majesty's Dragon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanessa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: His Majesty's Dragon Reply with quote

So who else has read this series? I started the first one about a week ago and have since devoured the entire series so far Very Happy

How did I miss out on this the first time around?!
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did like this series. My favorite parts are the relationship between Max, Lilly and Tem and the one between Lawrence and Tem. I have NOT been crazy about all the traveling they are doing and the turn of events in the last two books. I wish that plot line had been left out all together but I'm glad for the newest move and am looking forward to more of Tharkay and the feral dragons.

What have you liked most about it?

maggie b.
Vanessa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the relationship btw Lawrence and Temeraire is what's keeping me in their world, although I also love the three dragons' friendship. L and T though, they're like the most perfect best friends. Even with the ups and downs they've had, especially in the last book where one can really feel Lawrence's depression, you never doubt that they will fight for each other to the end. I just love that Very Happy

And can I just say, I think Tharkay is just so mysterious and cool lol Also, I have been slightly heartbroken over how the last book ended, I do wish things had turned out differently, but I live in hope that in the end things will work out and everyone will be back together.

On a side note, I love how Novik puts in those little essays at the end of each book, like little insights to a society living with dragons.
Cool
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit I haven't been wild about how Tem was portrayed in the last two books (very childlike and naive) but I am looking forward to seeing him redeemed in his new setting.

Glad another reader found them :-)

Maggie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: