So Good
Grade : C

So Good is the first in new-to-me author Darcy Burke’s new Love on the Vine series but in truth it’s a spin off from her long running Ribbon Ridge series. It stands on its own but I still had a sense while reading that I was missing important connections between characters and the town in which they all live.

Cameron Wescott and his two brothers have recently opened a family winery in the tight knit community of Ribbon Ridge, OR. The town’s population quickly labels each of the men, with Cam getting a reputation as a Player and a bit of a manwhore. While his exploits might be notorious, there are reasons why he’s refused to commit to one woman and the stigma is something he’d love to lose to better serve his business. Brooke Ellis enters his sphere during a wine tasting event and they get off to a rocky start. He’s attracted to her but she’s not interested in being a notch on his bedpost. Cam realizes that her expertise as a wine distributor could be very important for growing the winery so he puts his attraction on hold to keep their relationship strictly professional. Of course their constant butting heads moves quickly to a passionate encounter that blurs the lines of their partnership.

I wanted to like both main characters but they never seem to grow past their somewhat poor introductions. Brooke is scared of opening up her heart to a man she knows will stomp it to the ground and she holds that attitude almost to the bitter end. Their constant push/pull dynamic shows the attraction that sparks between them but I was hard pressed to believe that it could transition to a lasting relationship. I’m not sure if this book was the best introduction to Ms. Burke’s style as an author; however the longevity of her Ribbon Ridge series tells me she must be doing something right.

Reviewed by Sara Elliott
Grade : C

Sensuality: Warm

Review Date : November 1, 2016

Publication Date: 08/2016

Review Tags: mini review

Recent Comments …

1. I always admired the US ability to fail and try again. At least, I was told that this is American:…

Sara Elliott

I am a Fan-girl extraordinaire and romance addict. When I’m not obsessing over a fictional hero from a book I’m probably obsessing over a fictional Super-hero from the movies! I have long appreciated Romance stories and the escape they provide from all the dramas in real life. Historical Romances are my favorite (who wouldn’t want to be swept away by a handsome, rich English nobleman); however I love discovering new authors and stories in any romantic genre as long as the description sounds interesting. I’m living my own happy-ever-after in Phoenix, AZ (yes, it’s a dry heat!) with my two kids and my real-life hero.
Subscribe
Notify of

3 Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
What's your opinion?x
()
x