One Good Reason
Grade : A-

This Harlequin SuperRomance from 2011 is one of those books that I did not put down while I was reading it - literally. I made dinner with one hand that evening as I was so engrossed in the story of Gabby and Jon, and shushed my husband whenever he attempted to interrupt me. Ms. Mayberry is one of my favorite contemporary authors and I'm devouring her back catalogue at the moment, going through them all at a rapid pace.

Jon Adamson has come back to Australia to help settle his father's estate. He's been in Canada for several years and is eager to get back there as soon as he can. In the meantime, he's helping out at his brother's custom furniture business and mostly staying out of everyone's way.

Everyone, that is, except for Gabby Wade, the super efficient office manager. She is skeptical of this interloper into her well organized world. She's even more skeptical of the attraction she feels for him and the attraction he claims to feel for her. In Gabby's world, she's second fiddle to other women and has a trunk full of baggage to prove it. But given the fact that he's not sticking around, maybe a fling wouldn't be so bad?

The problem is, of course, that she makes him want to stay and his staying makes her confront all her baggage and help him deal with his - and before either of them knows it, they're in a relationship that's hurtling towards permanency. Written with Ms. Mayberry's signature warmth and depth, One Good Reason is recommended for any contemporary romance fan. If you've been looking to try a category romance and haven't known where to start, this is a great one.

Reviewed by Kristen Donnelly
Grade : A-

Sensuality: Warm

Review Date : November 1, 2016

Publication Date: 08/2011

Review Tags: Australia mini review

Recent Comments …

Kristen Donnelly

Voracious reader, with a preference for sassy romances and happily ever afters. In a relationship with coffee, seeing whiskey on the side.
Subscribe
Notify of

3 Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
What's your opinion?x
()
x