AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Okay, fess up!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Okay, fess up! Reply with quote

Who's been sticking pins in a Sarah Palin doll? It won't work, I guess, because I read she got a bishop's blessing to protect against witchcraft. That's covering all the bases, by golly.
keepsbooks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Okay, fess up! Reply with quote

dick wrote:
Who's been sticking pins in a Sarah Palin doll? It won't work, I guess, because I read she got a bishop's blessing to protect against witchcraft. That's covering all the bases, by golly.

Thanks for the laugh, Dick. I _would_ have been sticking those pins, if I'd only thought about it! Just in case, you understand. Wink Strangely, McCain's pick caused a heretofore unheard of reaction from me - I wrote a check to a political party. Must be the witchcraft, eh?

Leslie
LLB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Okay, fess up! Reply with quote

keepsbooks wrote:
dick wrote:

Thanks for the laugh, Dick. I _would_ have been sticking those pins, if I'd only thought about it! Just in case, you understand. Wink Strangely, McCain's pick caused a heretofore unheard of reaction from me - I wrote a check to a political party. Must be the witchcraft, eh?

Leslie

You're not the only one. My husband did so, and I ordered yard signs. We live in a very conservative neighborhood, so we generally keep our views to ourselves, but we've begun to feel very "in your face" about needing to speak out instead of keeping quiet.
KarenS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Okay, fess up! Reply with quote

LLB wrote:
keepsbooks wrote:
dick wrote:

Leslie

You're not the only one. My husband did so, and I ordered yard signs. We live in a very conservative neighborhood, so we generally keep our views to ourselves, but we've begun to feel very "in your face" about needing to speak out instead of keeping quiet.

My husband insists on yard signs but for me I am actually reticent about having them in the yard. I live in a predominantly Republican precinct--it's a gated golfing and waterfront community--so I was concerned about having a cross burned on my yard. In 2004, I had a lot of Republicans tell me they could not vote for Bush-Cheney and were voting for Kerry-Edwards. I actually enjoyed hearing from them. I have not put out my Obama-Biden sign out as I don't have one yet. There is a large number of Dems residing in my hood which surprises some people. People always assume people who are fairly well off vote Republican. It's not always true. The blue states have a higher per capita income than the red states.
The blue states pay more taxes, red states pay less while they receive more federal assistance. Anyone pissed off should be the blue states as they pay more taxes while the red states pay less and get more. My friend who ran for the state house lost my precinct by 26 votes out of 1480 cast. We were pleasantly pleased by the results. Of course, it would have been better if she had won by 26 votes but considering the hood it was pretty darn good.
Kass

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. WITCHES don't use pins in dolls. Practitioners of Voodoo use pins in dolls. Of course, the silly Creationist Palin probably just doesn't get it.

My blog: http://www.thoughts.com/allergywoman/blog
http://www.shelfari.com/o1517440994
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> The Wild Wild West Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: