AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bones anyone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Bones anyone? Reply with quote

I watched the premiere last night and am interested in what everyone thought.

maggie b.
keepsbooks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re new Bones epi Reply with quote

Have TiVo'd it - I'll post after viewing Smile
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess that last season's closer wasn't someone's dream. I remain discontent with that episode. Last night's double episodes seemed like back to "normal" to me, with very little attention paid to the fall out from the events that ended the season.

I enjoyed Booth's automotive adventures in England. I was sad about the Angela/Hodgins situation. I liked Clark and understand why he bowed out, but I remember the actor from Crossing Jordan and was unhappy that he did not become a regular on that show either. From the previews, it seemed that hiring a replacement for Zach may be a recurring theme this season.

The two mysteries were well developed and cleverly solved. The actress who played Pritchard, Indira Varma, guest-starred on Law & Order: Criminal Intent as an Asian political activist--a la Benazir Bhutto; I also saw her in one of the Inspector Lynley Mysteries. I predict that we will be seeing a lot more of her in TV series and movies.

Kay
Margaret

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Bones anyone? Reply with quote

I thought it had some good LOL monents, but overall it felt choppy and disjointed. I didn't even see a glimpse of the Booth and Bones sexual chemistry. I had trouble sticking with this episode and don't plan on following it this year. It seems that the show is going in a different and wrong direction, IMO. The Zach storyline was botched, and even tho Sweets brings comedic opportunites, his character is unbelievable and only brings filler content.
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KayWebbHarrison wrote:
Well, I guess that last season's closer wasn't someone's dream. I remain discontent with that episode. Last night's double episodes seemed like back to "normal" to me, with very little attention paid to the fall out from the events that ended the season.

I enjoyed Booth's automotive adventures in England. I was sad about the Angela/Hodgins situation. I liked Clark and understand why he bowed out, but I remember the actor from Crossing Jordan and was unhappy that he did not become a regular on that show either. From the previews, it seemed that hiring a replacement for Zach may be a recurring theme this season.

Yes, I remain shocked by the closer last season. It makes so little sense. And I am saddened by the Angela/Hodgins situation. It seemed to come on so suddenly. And I have to be honest, I was surprised -- given Angela's history I would have thought Hodges was better prepared for a small kiss. And I actually liked Clark telling them he wanted to work somewhere where he could concentrate on his science.

Margaret wrote:
The Zach storyline was botched, and even tho Sweets brings comedic opportunites, his character is unbelievable and only brings filler content.

It's not that I don't like Sweets but I agree that he is unbelievable and just sort of == goofy. Zack was a much better role for the comedic element in this show.

maggie b.
Audrey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't happy with the premiere because it seems to me that there's been a change in writers or something - both the Zach storyline and the Angela/Hodgins storyline are so contrived. I mean the you don't trust me argument doesn't seem breakup worthy, just maybe p.o'd for tonight, or we'd better work on this so let's hold off the wedding until it's resolved. But we're done? Definitely not believable to me.
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audrey wrote:
I wasn't happy with the premiere because it seems to me that there's been a change in writers or something - both the Zach storyline and the Angela/Hodgins storyline are so contrived. I mean the you don't trust me argument doesn't seem breakup worthy, just maybe p.o'd for tonight, or we'd better work on this so let's hold off the wedding until it's resolved. But we're done? Definitely not believable to me.

I totally agree here. It would have been if we had seen cracks in the relationship before and they were both just like "wow, we just don't love each other" but first we see the ex-husband seeing them kissing each other so passionately and the next thing we know it is over. Some sign from the universe that parade turned out to be!

maggie b.
Gail K.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Angela called to tell Bones of her breakup (overreaction and out of left field, imo) and it went to voicemail, I expected a cutaway to a Bones/Booth bed scene in some fancy London hotel.

Indira Varma played a key role in Rome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: