AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lisa Marie Rice -- where?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Lisa Marie Rice -- where? Reply with quote

Neither of my local town libraries have anything by her. Nor does my local Borders. Is her stuff sold in paper form in any nationwide chain, or do I have to wait for someone to get bored with it and give it to my local used bookstore?

My blog: http://www.thoughts.com/allergywoman/blog
http://www.shelfari.com/o1517440994
sssspro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my LMR are in e-versions, though I know she does have books in print. She is a very "hot" author, and I mean by the sex scenes not by popularity, so maybe your libraries don't carry erotica/romantica?
Elaine S

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of her books are available in paperback - check out amazon as most are available second hand. They are more expensive than some but then for it would seem that those books categorised as erotic seem to cost more. Anyone have any ideas why? I can only think it's because the audience is not as big as for, say, Harlequin/M&B.
Em

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine is correct, you can find all Rice's previous books in paperback, especially if you check out Amazon or Barnes & Noble on-line. (I often order used copies of older books through their on-line service.)
In the meantime, the last 2 Rice books--Dangerous Lover and Dangerous Secrets --are published in trade format by Avon Red, the, "erotic" imprint of HarperCollins. My copies were readily available at B & N, but often they put them out on the new paperback table, rather than shelving them in the romance section.

Hope you can get to read her books--I am a great fan!
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I found her last two in the Erotic section of Chapters - not in the romance department.
And I'm a fan of hers too!
Rosario

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still scratching my head over why LMR's books are considered erotic romance. There's nothing there that you wouldn't find in "regular" romance (in fact, what they actually do is even more 100% vanilla than in many regular romance novels). Also, in her Avon Red books, at least, there isn't an unusually high sex-to-plot ratio.

I do find her books hotter than most, but just because the emotions involved are so intense, the same way Linda Howard's books used to be hot, for instance. I'm not really complaining... I mean, this is what I would love all erotic romance to be like (so I could just go to the bookstore and sweep the entire shef into my shopping basket, LOL!).
Lynda X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get most of Rice's books at Ellora's Cave electronically. Two of the best, in my and many other people's opinion, are "Midnight Man" and "Midnight Angel," a beauty and the beast tale. Although characters from "Midnight Man" occur in "Angel," it's minor and the book can be read alone. IMO, these are fabulous reads, even better than Rice's last two novels, available in paperback only. Ellora's Cave also gives you excerpts which will tell you whether you will like the books or not--they are accurate predictors.

Please let me know what your reaction to Rice is, ok?
Kass

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do electronic books. I want paper copies. Smile And I don't trust Ellora's Cave. Their editing is extraordinarily bad. If I can't flip through a book before buying it, I won't.

Only Barnes and Noble, hm? Seems strange to me...Borders carries all sorts of erotica from EC as well, I don't see why they don't carry Rice, too.

Lynda X

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borders does carry Rice, they just sell out fast. Around here, they have more copies of various Ellora Cave books that B&N which has more individual copies of much fewer titles.

I'm totally with you about preferring paper to electronic; I don't have an device, so I run them off on paper which is not as good as a paperback, I grant you. I don't remember seeing any glaring (or subtle) errors in Rice's e-books, but it's always possible that I overlooked some.
Kass

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Borders does carry Rice, they just sell out fast.

Ahh, now that makes some sense. I saw one copy of one of her books at my local Borders today. It was $14. I decided that an Angela Knight I'd been looking for was going to be my purchase for $6 less!

I don't know about LMR's books in particular, but I've seen spelling and grammar errors in the EC previews on line that make me leary of buying before looking for myself. Also, sometimes their previews give a false image of the book. I remember looking at a preview of an Elizabeth Lapthorne that looked like a triad (m/m/f) story that in paperback I found was actually ending up m/f instead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: