Truly, Madly, Sweetly
Grade : C

I really loved the last book by Kira Archer that I read, Loving Her Crazy, so I was looking forward to reading this first one in her new series. It revolves around Natalie and Eric inheriting a combined piece of property from Eric’s aunt who happened to have been Natalie’s landlord. Natalie’s portion is a parking space that is perfect for her food truck from which she sells gourmet cupcakes. Eric’s part is the building that housed an old bakery. They strike a bargain, wherein Natalie can use the kitchen in Eric’s building in return for helping him learn how to cook as he plans to start his own business. It doesn’t hurt that they share an attraction to each other too. But can they take a business deal and turn it into something more?

The setup of the story is an interesting premise, but the execution falls flat. I have a hard time believing that Eric would just decide that he was going to start his own restaurant/catering business simply because he’s inherited an old bakery, having had no experience in this field. Also, Eric and I didn’t start off on the right foot when he showed up an hour late for his first official date with Natalie with the excuse that he couldn’t make time to call or text her because he was in a meeting with his parents and some investors. Really? He couldn’t excuse himself for 2 minutes and text that he was going to be late? In this day and age, that just doesn’t fly with me. And it doesn’t get any better, as Eric caters to his parents too much for my tastes. He and Natalie share some good chemistry and there are some steamy scenes between them, but ultimately it takes too long for Eric to wise up and prove to Natalie that he’s the man for her. I hope the next book by this author works better for me.

Reviewed by Maria Rose
Grade : C

Sensuality: Warm

Review Date : June 19, 2016

Publication Date: 04/2016

Review Tags: mini review

Recent Comments …

Maria Rose

I'm a biochemist and a married mother of two. Reading has been my hobby since grade school, and I've been a fan of the romance genre since I was a teenager. Sharing my love of good books by writing reviews is a recent passion of mine, but one which is richly rewarding.
Subscribe
Notify of

6 Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
What's your opinion?x
()
x