Recklessly Royal
Grade : C+

A while ago, I reviewed a book by Nichole Chase, Suddenly Royal. It was basically The Prince and Me mixed with The Princess Diaries, both of which I am pretty fond of. I enjoyed the first one a lot, and figured why not, let’s give the sequel a chance, right?

Recklessly Royal follows Catherine, who has been the perfect princess her whole life. When she meets David, friend of the newly minted Princess Samantha from the first book, it doesn’t really help that she’s drunk and thinking she might have ordered a stripper for Sam’s bachelorette party after all. Luckily, throwing up on his shoes doesn’t turn him off altogether.

As cute as the romance was, though, it’s all fluff and not much substance. There’s a bit of an issue with reporters and how public Cathy’s life is, but David has no problems with it. It kinda feels drawn out past the point of effectiveness.

In the end, it was cute and fluffy, and I enjoyed it, but it’s not something I’m going to read and re-read.

Reviewed by Melanie Bopp
Grade : C+

Sensuality: Warm

Review Date : June 19, 2016

Publication Date: 03/2014

Review Tags: mini review royalty

Recent Comments …

1. I always admired the US ability to fail and try again. At least, I was told that this is American:…

Melanie Bopp

New Orleans native living in Boston. Yeah, it's a bit cold. Hello, winter.
Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
What's your opinion?x
()
x