AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEED RECS... Suffering from Kresley Cole withdrawal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
utoeid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: NEED RECS... Suffering from Kresley Cole withdrawal. Reply with quote

OK. I got soooo hooked on Kresley Cole and read everything she has written.

Can anyone suggest an author who writing is just as good. I am looking for plot, sensuality, character development, pacing, thrills, etc). I have read a few other authors and have not been impressed.

Any help would be appreciated.
Yulie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking for paranormals or historicals? Because obviouly Cole has written in both sub-genres and the recommendation would be very different based on what you are looking for.
Lynda X

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read JR Ward or Lynn Viehl? Both are excellent. You also might like Christine Feehan--she started the whole vampire thing and is very hot; her beginning books are excellent. Nalini Singh is also excellent. All of these have book reviews--if you go to power search, type in their name, you can read and choose. All of these authors have written series, so it's best if you start with the first one, and often the first is the best, anyway, IMO. Hope this helps.
Schola

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to read the last two of Cole's published Paranormals that I haven't tried yet and am anticipating the same withdrawal, so I'll just tack my question to this thread. Smile

I'd also like recs, but not necessarily Paranormals or VampRom. What I'll miss most from Cole are her alpha heroes--very protective, strictly monogamous, easily spurred to jealousy, old-fashioned in that they insist on providing for their mates . . . that sort of thing. They don't also have to be vampires, werewolves or demons. Thanks! Very Happy

Last edited by Schola on Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
sssspro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are talking about Cole's paranormal's, there are a LOT of authors out there today who are writing paranormal series. Cole's books follow different couples in a related world, is that what you are looking for, or the same characters in a continuing series?

Let's see, authors who do good paranormal series: Susan Krinard has both a werewolf series and a sci fi one. Robin Owens ...Heart series, someone mentioned Nalini Singh, Jeaniene Frost's Grave series is good, though it is the same lead characters, if you like them spicier, Emma Holly has a paranormal series, both a vampire one (which I have not gotten into) and an alter-universe one. Susan Grant does paranormal well, then there are the vampire authors, Laurell Hamilton, Ward, Feehan, Maggie Shayne, Charlaine Harris, Mary Jane Davidson, Angela Knight. Also in the paranormal series genre is Feehan's Game series. There are a TON of e-books/Ellora's Cave paranormal books too. Back to Sci fi, but one main couple series is J D Robb's Eve and Roarke.
athena_d

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kresley is an amazing author. I had trouble enjoying some of the authors after I discovered her because they just don't compare.

"Marked by Moonlight" by Sharie Kohler. I read this book because it was recommended by Kresley herself. The story is very fast paced and the plot very well written without being confusing. The world is built around werewolves and the humans hunters who hunt them. The sex is very steamy and hot, and I finished the book before I even realized it. I loved the H/H. I really felt their chemistry, and I really did believe their love story as it unfolds.

Another book I just finished an hour ago is Larissa Ione's "Unbound Pleasure". If you enjoy Kresley's love scenes you'll enjoy Ione's. The sex is very hot, and there are plenty of em throughout the book without being excessive Smile Because our hero has incubus blood in him, he of course cant control his sexual hunger Smile The world building, on the other hand, is a little bit confusing but everything is explained as you get deeper into the book. This series is a demonic series (with an emphasis on demon incubi, as the central characters are all rare breeds of incubi demons). There are shapeshifters and vampires and werewolves thrown into the world, but theyre not mentioned much. The plot and the world itself is definitely different then your average vampire paranormals.

The two books I mentioned are only BOOK 1 of their series =[ Its hard to wait for the rest of the series, but I hope these will keep you busy until Kresley's new release! Very Happy
utoeid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS! I have a great starting point for discovering new authors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: