AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Romances with Translations in Korean

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schola

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Romances with Translations in Korean Reply with quote

+IHS+

Does anyone know of well-known Romances with Korean editions? Also, if possible, links to Web pages featuring the Korean covers?

I know that Julia Quinn has been translated into Korean, but I don't know about anyone else. (Okay, they don't have to be really well known . . .)

Thanks! Very Happy
Vellorine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Harliquin lines have been translated for a quite a long time (probably at least 10 years; I remember them back in my junior high days). I remember their covers quite simple and with small, pretty watercolour illustrations on the center in the print size a bit bigger than a postcard. Other romances tend to be printed as regular genre fiction, usually with abstract cover designs unless it's a movie tie-in. Lacy half-naked men covers would be nearly impossible to find in Korean bookstores. Several days ago I handed a copy of Loretta Chase's Lord of Scoundrels (old cover, of course) to my girlfriend and she blushed, saying she won't have a nerve to read them in the subway Smile

I can do a bit of search of book covers on Korean online bookstores (such as Kyobo or Bandi) if you want to see certain authours are translated.
Schola

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd appreciate that, Vellorine. Thank you!
Karen Templeton

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it happens, my very first translation, of my very first book, was in Korean -- and that's the ONLY Korean translation I've had! FWIW, it was WEDDING DAZE, my Silhouette Yours Truly from 1998 (I think the translation was maybe a year or so later).

Karen T.
http://www.karentempleton.com
Yulie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaelen Foley had something out in Korean, I think - check her website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: