AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

goodreads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LLB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: goodreads Reply with quote

I just finished blogging about my beta testing goodreads, but more of you will read this here, so I'm cross-posting. I've been using Shelfari for a few months now, and AAR on Shelfari is small but growing and vital. Some readers contacted me privately about goodreads, and so today I joined, downloaded via Shelfari an .xls file, imported it into goodreads, and started to play around.

If you use goodreads, please share your thoughts.
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard of this. What is it?
LLB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: What it is Reply with quote

Tinabelle wrote:
I never heard of this. What is it?

It's another social networking program built around reading and readers. And last night I also poked around Library Thing, only to discover that if you input more than 200 books, it's no longer free. So it was really easy to dismiss that one.
Cali Cheri

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined Good Reads and am using it to list the books I read this year. I've never kept a list like that before, but I had so much fun reading other peoples lists I decided to give it a try. I'm also in a few of the groups.
jebe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just joined goodreads two weeks ago, my sister sent me a friend request via e-mail. I've only just poked around a bit, haven't posted any books yet, but b/c of my sister's list of books I did recommend a book to her! I don't belong to any other book networking sites so I have no idea how they're set up, but I love the intimate feel of goodreads. It's very easy to communicate w/someone on a book that they've listed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: