AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with some titles...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retrograde

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Help with some titles... Reply with quote

I'm trying to remember the titles of 2 books, one of which i'm certain is a Mills & Boon release, while the other may have been.

The first one is about a guy called Nick (I think) who is something of a genius with computers. He creates a sophisticated home security system called Gem, which eventually develops a character of his/her/its own. The heroine is called Dani, and she ends up pregnant with Nick's baby after a one-night stand (she was previously married to Nick's business partner, and was treated badly by him. Nick loved her from afar). Nick had a mother called Eloise, I remember, and both his parents were scatterbrained, reclusive scientists. It's hinted at that Gem has something of a crush on Nick, and is slightly jealous of Dani, but very protective of their daughter, Abigail (even reading her bedtime stories and doing all the appropriate voices). By the end, however, Gem contrives to keep them together when Dani is about to leave Nick. It's a very sweet, funny story that i'd like to read again - any help would be apreciated! If I remember correctly, there's a picture of Nick, Dani, and the baby on the front cover of the book. Nick is tanned and blond, while Dani is pale, with dark hair. Hope that helps...

I recall less about the second book, but I remember that the heroine had loved the hero for a long time, and although he felt the same about her, he found out that she was his half-sister (no-one else knows apart from him). I don't remember if this happened before or after he discovered this, but they shared a sexual encounter that's haunted them both ever since. It was revelead, however, that the heroine's father wasn't who she'd thought, thus resolving their conflict and allowing them to be together.

Last edited by Retrograde on Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
SweetOne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second one sounds very familiar. If I should think of the title I'll let you know.

The first one, I'm sorry, I have no clue.

Let us know if you remember the titles.
Retrograde

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SweetOne wrote:
The second one sounds very familiar. If I should think of the title I'll let you know.

The first one, I'm sorry, I have no clue.

Let us know if you remember the titles.

Thanks. Seems like no-one else on here knows, so i'll have to get a bit more creative. There's several libraries here that I could have gotten the books from, but my memory isn't forthcoming; looks like i'll have to go to each one and sift through their romance collection. It'll drive me crazy otherwise. Rolling Eyes
MaryK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Gem Computer Series Reply with quote

I also think I've read the second one, but can't remember it. The first one sounds intriguing so I googled "category romance gem computer system" and found what might be it. See what you think.

From Wikipedia - "The Gem Computer Series".
and
From Day Leclaire's website.
Retrograde

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Gem Computer Series Reply with quote

MaryK wrote:
I also think I've read the second one, but can't remember it. The first one sounds intriguing so I googled "category romance gem computer system" and found what might be it. See what you think.

From Wikipedia - "The Gem Computer Series".
and
From Day Leclaire's website.

Oh my god, that's it! Very Happy Thank you so much. I can't wait to read it again.
angelika

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could the second one be "Stormfire" by Christine Monson? Question I have not read it but I believe I recognize the plot from this and the Amazon forums.
Retrograde

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelika wrote:
Could the second one be "Stormfire" by Christine Monson? Question I have not read it but I believe I recognize the plot from this and the Amazon forums.

I see that it's a historical - the book i'm looking for is Contemporary. Thanks anyway. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: