AAR
Click here for full forums index
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 
So you think you can dance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cheri



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 1350
Location: michigan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Joshua is good and I think Will and Twitch are good. I was happy to see Susie/ marquee go home last night. When do they pick their dances for next week? Some how I keep missing that part. cheri
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KayWebbHarrison



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 1239
Location: SE VA. USA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheri wrote:
When do they pick their dances for next week? Some how I keep missing that part. cheri


They haven't been showing that part like they used to. They used to pick partners and then the type of dance out of a hat. Last season & this one the show paired them, but they still choose the dance at random. They seem to be setting each performance up with a theme (best & worst qualities of partner last week) and scenes of learning the dance.

I also thought that Mark and Chelsie danced a fierce tango this past Wed.

Kay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Niftybergin



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 1086

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, maybe it's just me, but does it seem (to anyone else) that this year, the judges are spending an inordinate amount of time praising the choreography after each dance? The dancers perform, then Cat collects them and they come and stand, huffing and puffing, at the edge of the stage, waiting for the judges' critique. And the judges ALWAYS start off with "A nod to so-and-so for some of the best salsa/waltz/broadway/contemporary/hip-hop/crumping/jazz/foxtrot/blah-blah choreography we've ever seen!" Then they name the choreographer, and the camera switches to them in the audience, and then there's a lot of back-and-forth love and gushing and thumbs-up and hands over the hearts between the choreographers and the judges. And THEN they get on with the critique of the dancers.

Only problem is, that I'm sitting at home thinking to myself, "No wonder they didn't dance that well. The choreography sucked!"

So it's beginning to annoy me, I guess. I just never noticed it last year, but it seems like this year they're really laying it on thick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LinnieGayl



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 824

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niftybergin wrote:
Okay, maybe it's just me, but does it seem (to anyone else) that this year, the judges are spending an inordinate amount of time praising the choreography after each dance? The dancers perform, then Cat collects them and they come and stand, huffing and puffing, at the edge of the stage, waiting for the judges' critique. And the judges ALWAYS start off with "A nod to so-and-so for some of the best salsa/waltz/broadway/contemporary/hip-hop/crumping/jazz/foxtrot/blah-blah choreography we've ever seen!" Then they name the choreographer, and the camera switches to them in the audience, and then there's a lot of back-and-forth love and gushing and thumbs-up and hands over the hearts between the choreographers and the judges. And THEN they get on with the critique of the dancers.

Only problem is, that I'm sitting at home thinking to myself, "No wonder they didn't dance that well. The choreography sucked!"

So it's beginning to annoy me, I guess. I just never noticed it last year, but it seems like this year they're really laying it on thick.


I have noticed that a bit, but I still love the show. I'll have to pay a bit more attention this week and see if it bothers me.
Laughing
_________________
LinnieGayl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JanceeSP



Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Posts: 27
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting really fond of all the dancers. I think no matter who goes tomorrow I'll be a little sad.

My favs tonight were the last hip-hop dance, the samba, and the contemporary. I really liked that contemporary dance, it wasn't so slow or emotionally loaded like other contemporary routines on the show.

I'm not a huge fan of Jessica, but tonight was her best performance (even though she messed up a little). She looked like she was having fun.

Oh, and yes, the judges had to talk up the choreography for each dance. Nigel didn't like that the cape (or "mud") didn't play a larger role in the jazz routine, but wasn't that the choreographer's doing?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LinnieGayl



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 824

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JanceeSP wrote:
I am getting really fond of all the dancers. I think no matter who goes tomorrow I'll be a little sad.

My favs tonight were the last hip-hop dance, the samba, and the contemporary.



Those dances were my favorites too! This season is filled with good dancers. i'm really enjoying it.

Yep, they did talk about the choreography a lot...although not always first.
_________________
LinnieGayl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheri



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 1350
Location: michigan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which contemporary? the Bleedin love one was great. I loved watching Joshua's hips move! Holy cow was I impressed! I like Twitch, Will, and Joshua for the boys with Matt after that. I really thought everyone did great except Comfort and Chris. I don't like them to begin with but didn't like the dance or the music to go with it. hopefully they'll be the ones to go tonight. cheri
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KayWebbHarrison



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 1239
Location: SE VA. USA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheri wrote:
Which contemporary? the Bleedin love one was great. I loved watching Joshua's hips move! Holy cow was I impressed! I like Twitch, Will, and Joshua for the boys with Matt after that. I really thought everyone did great except Comfort and Chris. I don't like them to begin with but didn't like the dance or the music to go with it. hopefully they'll be the ones to go tonight. cheri


The dance to "Bleeding Love" was Chelsie H. & Mark's HipHop number, which I thought was the best performance last night. Kourtni L. & Matt did a fabulous contemporary routine. Katee & Joshua's samba was the second best. Courtney G. & Gev's rhumba was wonderful too.

I agreed with the judges that Chris & Comfort did not maintain the animalistic quality needed to realize their contemporary routine. I liked Chelsea T. & Thayne's quick step, but the judges didn't. Will & Jessica's disco number was fine, and so was Kherington & Twitch's HipHop routine.

I think that the problem is going to be picking the least good of sixteen exceptionally talented dancers. It will be more difficult each week to choose who will go.

Kay


Last edited by KayWebbHarrison on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheri



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 1350
Location: michigan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Kourney and Matt's performance too. I also think it will be harder and harder each week because they really are so good. You basically have to go by the routine which will be a huge bummer if a favorite couple screws up but I guess that's the way it's going to work. We do need to get down to 1 overall best dancer. I really couldn't pick right now. I'm really enjoying this season so far though. cheri
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheri



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 1350
Location: michigan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized I will be missing the show on Wednesday due to plans already in effect. I'm bummed. I guess I will have to rely on Youtube and you girls this week. cheri
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheri



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 1350
Location: michigan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAH! I'm so happy Comfort and Thane got kicked off! cheri
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LinnieGayl



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 824

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheri wrote:
YEAH! I'm so happy Comfort and Thane got kicked off! cheri



Yep, me too, cheri. Their second dance was so weak, it was painful to watch. I actually walked out of the room, I just couldn't watch.
_________________
LinnieGayl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JanceeSP



Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Posts: 27
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad thing is, I really enjoyed Thane's solos. He just didn't connect well with his partners. I totally agreed with Nigel - they should have kicked off 2 girls and kept all the guys!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheri



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 1350
Location: michigan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw bits and pieces of it. I'm assuming ? that Kharrington, Jessica, and Comfort were in the bottom. So does that mean Nigel wanted Jessica and Comfort? I saw the beginning dance routine and then the very end kickoff. I really like Kharrington and Chelsae(?) for the girls and really love Joshua, Will and Twitch. I really wanted to see the solos Crying or Very sad but didn't get a chance. I was happy with the little I got to see. I really didn't think Comfort was that good at her own Dance theme, whatever it was (Krump or Hip hop?) and it really showed how bad she was when she had to do the technique dancing. I think those other girls can REALLY dance. They make it look fun and enjoyable and easy when we know it isn't. cheri
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheri



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 1350
Location: michigan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aagh!I just read some really BAD news.Jessica hurt herself and is being released from the show for recovery and Comfort is coming BACK to take her spot. Tonight they are supposed to shuffle the couples up to give them new partners! This is very BAD news! cheri
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group