AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your view on Lilith saintcrow ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpeachy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Your view on Lilith saintcrow ? Reply with quote

hello

I absolutely loved her Dante Valentine series ,some might argue that she was a whiny character (which she was !) but i thought that the fact that she was so flawed make her looked more human .
I just read her first Jill Kismet series and loved it to ,if not more ( it's not as dark and you do not have this sense of doom than with the Danny Valentine ones )

I must say i did not like her Watcher or Society books (very unoriginal and better written by many others authors ) but still i will buy any book written by her in the first person .

The thing is i haven't heard so much about her from you ,do you like her ? Why is she not as present than lets say Harris or Davidson ?

Thank-you Very Happy

Last edited by cpeachy on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Suzanna

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the first DV book, but didn't like Dante enough to spend more books with her. All that snapping and snarling and cursing, and the sad sad past seemed straight out of Central Casting.
Mark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of Saintcrow’s work, I’ve only read the Dante Valentine series. It is mostly straight fantasy (or science fantasy). There is limited romance, so I would expect less discussion here at a romance site than for series that have more romance.
Nicole

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Dante books. I thought the set up was pretty unique. I also wouldn't call the series romance either. I'd say more urban fantasy. Still enjoyable though.
cpeachy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The romance is not the main focus but to me it is a big part of the series after all 2/3 of the story would not have happened if not for Japh.
Yuri

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Of Saintcrow’s work, I’ve only read the Dante Valentine series. It is mostly straight fantasy (or science fantasy). There is limited romance, so I would expect less discussion here at a romance site than for series that have more romance.

I think we've had a few discussions before, but I hadn't heard about the Jill Kismet series so I must check it out.

btw, I the Danny Valentine I read was "Saint City Sinners". I decided then I wasn't going back to them unless the series was finished so that I wouldn't have to suffer through the gut-wrenching endings any more. Has another one come out? Do we have a finish to the series?
Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

working for the devil
dead man rising
the devil’s right hand
saint city sinners
to hell and back
Complete as far as I know.
cpeachy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one short story about Selene and Nikolai and another one with Gabe's daughter out also
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: