AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recommendations please.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some others you might look into:

"Vow" by Linda Lael Miller (Not divorced by separated for a long while.)
"The Duke's Double" by Anita Mills
"Hold on Tight" and "Never Let Go" by Deborah Smith. (These are short, series-style romances. One is the sequel to the other. In the first, the couple meets; in the second you get the rocky road -- and I don't mean ice cream.)
"Still Mr. and Mrs." by Mary McBride

I'll second the recommendation for McNaught's "Paradise."
Tigger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a lot of historicals reccommended. If you are looking for contemporaries...

I just finished reading a book by Amy Fetzer called Out of Uniform that was excellent. It is an older category book but can still be found used on Amazon. Well worth it! The couple is not divorced but separated for 8-9 months. The hero is a deployed marine. The heroine left him before the deployment then he is injured. She comes back to take care of him since she is a nurse. I loved it and it is now on my keeper shelf.

Another keeper I have which sort of fits what you are looking for is called Better than Before by Judith Duncan. Its an older intimate moments book and is about a married couple who is having trouble. Literally the pages are falling out of my copy but I love this book and it is a keeper for me.
cheri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second The Duke's Double. Kathleen Harrington's Promise Me is almost an exact duplicate of this book. I loved Private Arrangements too. I'll try to think of more. cheri
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Separated, not Divorced Reply with quote

Another recommendation, although the couple are separated for a long period rather than divorced (it's a trad Regency, which explains why divorce wasn't truly possible): Mary Balogh's A Counterfeit Proposal. Their daughter fakes a betrothal to force her parents to interact, although of course her own false relationship becomes real. During the interim the father was thought to have had an affair with the heroine of The Notorious Rake, although he did not. It was nice, for once, to come across a hero who did not cat around.
AngieMB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always in My Heart by Catherine Anderson - Ellie and Tucker Grant used to be in love. But years after the accidental death of their eldest son, the fated divorce, and their gradual transition into very separate lives, Ellie and Tucker are now practically strangers. It's a situation that their two young sons refuse to accept. Convinced that their parents are still meant to be together, the brothers hatch a plan to run away from home into the wilderness. Surely, Ellie and Tucker will come to the rescue-and to their senses.
cheri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Care and Feeding of Pirates by Jennifer Ashley features a couple that is married and seperated. I have this in my TBR pile so not sure how good/bad it is. cheri
xina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheri wrote:
The Care and Feeding of Pirates by Jennifer Ashley features a couple that is married and seperated. I have this in my TBR pile so not sure how good/bad it is. cheri

As I recall Cheri, it's a pretty good book. I remember really liking the hero. He's a nice guy. As to them being married...they spent one night together and then he was supposed to be hanged..or something.
cheri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the blurb does say she thinks he's dead and I did have it as a recommendation but again haven't read it. cheri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: