AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blackberry Pie by Bonnie Dee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Estelle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Blackberry Pie by Bonnie Dee Reply with quote

Has anyone read it?

It's a very short story (about 40 pages IIRC, the whole PDF file was 80 pages but half of those were excerpts for upcoming books) but it's so beautifully written that it took my breath away. I've always admired Ms Dee's writing, especially in Bone Deep, but this little story was really something special and I was wondering if some of you had read it?
Aoife

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read Bone Deep,was surprised at how much I liked it, and I will definitely be checking out Blackberry Pie. She certainly doesn't write the usual, run of the mill romantica, does she?
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to give it a try but alas - I'm just not into e-books. I've tried them, but for me there's nothing like holding one in one's hand. I do have a print copy of Bone Deep (and just love it!). Is this only available in e format?
Estelle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aoife, yes, Bonie Dee certainly gives us something different everytime! I wish she'd get picked up by a Print publisher and write us a full-length novel.

Kristie, I don't think it's available in print. I'm not big on ebooks either but Blackberry Pie is such a short story that it really was no trouble to read it in an ebook format. It's only $2.50 and you can very easily print it if you choose the HTML format and then read it like a real book.
Bonnie Dee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wish she'd get picked up by a Print publisher and write us a full-length novel.

I have a couple of full length novels finished and one in progress, but for now, Finding Home is soon to be released in paperback by Samhain. It comes out in July! More details soon. My writing partner on that release, Lauren Baker, and I are very excited to see Sean and Megan's story in print.

Thanks for the kind words about Blackberry Pie. A friend pointed me in the direction of this thread, and I enjoyed your praise of the story. I'd been watching mega-doses of Carnivale when I saw the call for submissions for the Midsummer Night's Steam Series, so I was deep in Depression Era mode. Also, growing up watching The Waltons, I always wanted John Boy to have steamier encounters than they ever gave him, and so this little summer story somehow came together from strange elements.
Bonnie Dee

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a year later and I want to let everyone know that Blackberry Pie is now available in print. It's included in the Heat Wave anthology http://samhainpublishing.com/print/heat-wave-print that also has great summer-themed stories by Veronica Wilde, Dee S. Knight and Jamie Craig. You can order from Samhain or Amazon. Even better, ask your local bookstore about the ordering the book. The more Samhain titles available at local bookstores, the better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: