|

An Exclusive Sneak Peek from Colleen Gleason

As Shadows Fade, the long-awaited conclusion to Colleen Gleason’s Gardella Vampire Chronicles series will be released on March 3, 2009. To whet our appetites, Colleen Gleason has graciously given All About Romance a brief exclusive sneak peek at the novel. Check it out below the cut!
Also, be sure to read our discussion with the author.

“Will you tell me about the secret pool?” Victoria asked after a moment.

There was no question—she cared for Sebastian deeply. He’d done much for her, offered her pleasure and escape over the difficult last years. With his own particular skill, he teased her, taunted and angered her…always seeming to know what she needed in order to help her clear her head. To alleviate the stress or tension or fear she struggled with.

Why couldn’t she love him?

“I will,” he said. His voice carried low and she looked up to find him standing in front of her chair. She’d forgotten the question, and for the moment it didn’t matter.

Something snapped in the silence, so real, it was almost audible. Sebastian took her arms and pulled Victoria to her feet, there, flush in front of him. She allowed him.

“You didn’t really think,” he said, holding her wrists down between their bodies, “that you could come to me, here, without repercussions.”

Her heart slammed in her throat. Warmth billowed between them, and Victoria pulled one of her hands away. One. The other one…he tightened his fingers around it so that she felt the pad of his thumb digging into her flesh. It would likely bruise.

“I told you,” he said, leaning forward to her cheek, “that I have no intention of being a gentleman about this.” Now there was a layer of anger in his voice.

“I came for information,” she said. Even to her own ears, she sounded breathless.

“You came for more than that, Victoria.”

Subscribe
Notify of

7 Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments