AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top Chef Chicago, anyone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Top Chef Chicago, anyone? Reply with quote

Is anyone else watching Top Chef, Chicago? I've watched each season, but this time there seem to be a number of very good chefs on it.
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching it and enjoying it. I don't have a favorite yet. Who got voted off this week? I missed it Wednesday. (It's frustrating to me that the show comes on so late at night on Wednesday, because I need to go to bed!)
LLB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Of course! Reply with quote

My husband and I have watched all seasons religiously. It's kind of interesting that THIS season started just a couple of weeks before the new season of Hell's Kitchen, which has far less talented/trained cooks and an entirely different sensibility. Manuel was given the boot, which I think is fair in that he seemed over his head from the start. Richard won...again. I don't have a favorite yet.

Speaking of Bravo reality shows...did anyone else watch Make Me a Supermodel? I'm really happy that Holly won...she was consistent week in and week out, and she is out and out gorgeous! I think Perry should have come in second, but he was a bit of an ass in general, and a much bigger one where Holly was concerned.

(Holly and her fiance, who's not so bad-looking himself)

Trish B

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching too and also enjoying. Actually, though he seems to be the guy to beat, this past week was the first time Richard actually won an elimination challenge. Stephanie has won two so far and I'm pulling for her at this stage. I will say that Spike really needs to get over himself and that guy Andrew scares me! At times he seems to actually vibrate with hostility or something. And I have to think that Ryan is not going to last too much longer. He's the guy that didn't know what Chicken Picatta was.

Oh and Manuel got sent home this week.
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trish, I agree, Andrew is scary. I'm really hoping a woman will win this season.

Laurie, I watched Make Me a Supermodel this season as well (so much better than America's Next Top Model). I was delighted that Holly won. I was actually quite surprised that Ronnie came in second.
LeeB.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I catch reruns of Top Chef but I too hope a woman wins this season.

As for America's Top Model, I saw the reunion show last weekend and I'm glad Holly won. She seemed pretty nice. Perry, to me, was a conceited jerk.
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night's Top Chef certainly was "entertaining," but not necessarily in terms of the food.

Lisa -- "the winner" of the evening -- is tremendously lucky to have won a trip to Italy in a group competition, especially as her teammates actually ended up deciding what they were going to cook when she kept protesting over the original idea. I actually think Stephanie should've been given the win (which, I guess, still would've ticked off Dale). Well, fortunately for Lisa she's going to a foreign country where -- perhaps -- they won't immediately understand her potty mouth.

Another observation: Nikki's hair. Is she channeling Marge Simpson? Someone on another message board stated that Nikki seems to be over her head on this show and my immediate thought was, maybe that's why she keeps piling her hair up so high.

Oh, and guest judge Ming Tsai (?). VERY hunkelicious! Nice sexy voice too.

I miss Hung. That was the only other season I watched, and I was his fan all the way.
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is the week for reality TV shows to bump off the wrong contestant. Although it's still very early and I don't have any fan allegiance to Jen, I was stupified that the judges knifed her over Lisa or Antonia, the team who basically said "screw the rules of tonight's challenge. I can't make that taste good, so I'm not even going to try!"

Sheesh!

Everyone else worked within the parameters of the challenge, even if they weren't happy about it, and tried to be creative. THAT'S what improv's about! Not, toss out the parameters and make up your own.

Antonia must've never heard of improv -- or seen it -- because the idea is to accept what the audience members toss at you and try to build on it using your imagination. Not reject it because you don't like what they've suggested and even find it beneath your culinary standards (per sourpuss Lisa).

All I have to say is Stephanie and Jenn's entree must have been pretty bad to have them come in last behind a team who purposely didn't bother to follow the rules and was disdainful about it.
sula

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, sandylynn. I was sure that one of the 'we didn't bother to cook within the stated rules' group would have been booted. I personally would have prefered Antonia because she is really grating on my nerves (seems very full of herself) but would have been just as happy to see Lisa leave. Has she ever heard of shampoo?

Too bad for Jen. Just unlucky I guess. I think that Nikki has got to go soon (she seems way over her head) and Spike can leave anytime and it wouldn't be too soon for me.

My favs so far are Stephanie, Richard and Dale.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Trish B

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UGH! I can't believe Lisa made it to the final and Antonia got eliminated last week! And then, though she made it by the skin of her teeth (a running theme with her as she's been at the bottom of at least 6 challenges) she has the chutzpah to bitch at Richard and Stephanie for not sufficiently congratulating her! Man, she is a hateful human being with an extremely lousy attitude and a huge chip on her shoulder. If she wins, I may never be able to watch this show again! GO STEPHANIE!
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trish, I'm with you! I'm so upset that Lisa made it through. I will be truly upset if she wins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: