AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fifty Shades of Grey movie and Fun Chat! Thread #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xina

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8757730/1/Show-me-your-moves

This looks interesting!

Oh! This does look interesting...thanks kmredd! (haven't had time to check it out until just now...looks good)
xina

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

http://www.examiner.com/article/fifty-shades-of-grey-movie-el-james-on-christian-grey-casting-not-just-looks

I like the part where the author of the article linked to Alexander Skarsgard when 'sex dungeon' was mentioned, haha. Yummy!

Linda

I would love to see Skarsgard in that role. Love, love, love. Wink
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:

I would love to see Skarsgard in that role. Love, love, love. Wink

I know, the thought of it makes me swoon!

Remember I mentioned Fifty Shades Freed being up for Goodreads best romance of 2012? It won! Beating out Bared To You among others nominated. Very Happy

http://www.goodreads.com/choiceawards/best-fiction-books-2012#74611-Best-Romance

I actually voted for Motorcycle Man since Feeed wasn't my favorite in the series but I'm thrilled for the author that it won! I know Xina that you e mentioned it was your favorite so you're in good company.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

I know, the thought of it makes me swoon!

Remember I mentioned Fifty Shades Freed being up for Goodreads best romance of 2012? It won! Beating out Bared To You among others nominated. Very Happy

http://www.goodreads.com/choiceawards/best-fiction-books-2012#74611-Best-Romance

I actually voted for Motorcycle Man since Feeed wasn't my favorite in the series but I'm thrilled for the author that it won! I know Xina that you e mentioned it was your favorite so you're in good company.

Linda

Yay! That is fabulous, and I loved that book! It was my favorite of the series and to me, the most romantice, which is probably why I loved it so much. I might have to rethink Goodreads. I love that it was voted best romance...very good choice. (Although I do have a soft spot for MM too..fun book.)

To add...The woman who cuts my hair is from Sweden and loves Skarsgard. I will have to tell her about this..if he is Christian she will be seeing the movie even though she hasn't read the books. (Can't talk her into that one...darn.)
kmredd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2012/fifty-shades-of-grey-matt-bomer-is-too-old-to-play-christian-grey-kicked-out-of-the-race-video/

I am heartbroken Crying or Very sad
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2012/fifty-shades-of-grey-matt-bomer-is-too-old-to-play-christian-grey-kicked-out-of-the-race-video/

Awww I'm sorry to hear this, maybe it's false?

I have this feeling that Ian Sommerhalder is going to get it. Based on interviews and comments he seems to really want it and James has mentioned being a fan of Damon on Vampire Diaries. *sigh*. I'm just not convinced he has the acting chops to pull it off.

My biggest nightmare? Channing Tatum in the role. Not a fan of his at all but he's the newest Hollywood 'it' guy.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

Awww I'm sorry to hear this, maybe it's false?

I have this feeling that Ian Sommerhalder is going to get it. Based on interviews and comments he seems to really want it and James has mentioned being a fan of Damon on Vampire Diaries. *sigh*. I'm just not convinced he has the acting chops to pull it off.

My biggest nightmare? Channing Tatum in the role. Not a fan of his at all but he's the newest Hollywood 'it' guy.

Linda[/quote]

Awww...me too. However, I always have thought that Ian would get the role of Christian. Then again, they may go for a lesser known actor. Who knows?? Oh no...Channing Tatum as Christian. Well, since the screen play hasn't been written yet (well at least in it's very early stages) perhaps he won't be the 'it' guy when they are deciding. Now...who for Ana???
kmredd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the actors I've seen Matt just had "The Look". In my mind thats what Christian looks like. I really hope that report is wrong. I don't think he's too old to act in all three books. Matt is only a few years older than Ian. If this report is true I really believe it's his sexuality thats against him and not his age.
xina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
Of all the actors I've seen Matt just had "The Look". In my mind thats what Christian looks like. I really hope that report is wrong. I don't think he's too old to act in all three books. Matt is only a few years older than Ian. If this report is true I really believe it's his sexuality thats against him and not his age.

I don't see why his actual age should matter. How many actors have played roles younger or older than themselves??? That's why it's called acting..right? Anyway, I don't think he looks older than the character. I think if they were to choose someone like Christian Bale or Brad Pitt, then there would be a problem of looking like a man in his 40's. Matt...not so much.
kmredd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Xina. Thats just how I feel too. BTW I just finished "Motorcycle Man" and I loved it! I think you recommened it. Thank you!
xina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
Thank you Xina. Thats just how I feel too. BTW I just finished "Motorcycle Man" and I loved it! I think you recommened it. Thank you!

You are welcome! Smile Now you will have to move on to another, and yet another of her books. They are addicting. Let me know if you read another. Love to discuss her books.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[I don't see why his actual age should matter. How many actors have played roles younger or older than themselves??? That's why it's called acting..right? Anyway, I don't think he looks older than the character. I think if they were to choose someone like Christian Bale or Brad Pitt, then there would be a problem of looking like a man in his 40's. Matt...not so much.

I agree with both of you, it's not the actual age that should matter and he definitely has the perfect look! The logic really doesn't make sense, even Ian that's 27 now I think (Christian's age) is going to age as the movies go on, especially if they're worried about how old the actor will be by movie #3. They haven't even started filming yet. Kmredd, I think you may be right, the age is just smokescreen for the real issue, his sexuality.

Linda
ps - Loved Motorcycle Man!
kmredd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWYNikeiqwY&feature=share

What in the name of God are these people thinking?? He's perfect!!

ps. any recommendations for Kristen Ashley books? I just bought "Wallbanger".

Has anyone read it?
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:

Has anyone read it?

I'm halfway through Wallbanger, it's a riot! On Facebook someone did a trailer for that book that featured Jensen Ackles, I thought it was so perfect becuase he does humor so well on Supernatural. Apparently he is the author's pick for the character. Check it out -

http://thesubclubbooks.com/?p=2843

My favorite Kristen Ashley books are Mystery Man, Motorcycle Man and Sweet Dreams. All have some of her more edgy heroes. Very Happy I haven't read any of the Rock Chick books but I hear they are good.

Matt IS perfect, he has the look and he has the talent!

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:

Has anyone read it?

Well, if the excuse for not choosing him is *looking too old*..that is ridiculous!
Haven't read Wallbanger, but I will. I've read quite a few of her books. My favorites are Sweet Dreams, Motorcycle Man, and I really enjoyed Lady Luck too. All have over-the-top, overbearing heroes, but that seems to be the author's signature.
I've read one book in the "Burg series, and it is more a crime series than romance. I'm going to try the next one, but I've enjoyed her other series more. Haven't read The Rock Chicks yet, but I'm glad they are there so I can dive into them one day.

Is Wallbanger part of an existing series? Off to buy now......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: