AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cover Cafe Christmas Cover Contest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeB.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Cover Cafe Christmas Cover Contest Reply with quote

If you like Christmas romances, check out the Cover Cafe Holiday Favorites contest.

http://www.covercafe.com/serendipity/index.php?/archives/56-Let-the-voting-begin!-2012-Holiday-Favorites-Contest.html
PWNN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did A Wreath of Snow miss the cut? It's lovely.
PatW

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PWNN wrote:

It got an Honorable Mention with the comment that as a novella, it wasn't "qualified" for the main contest.
JyLnC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Cover Cafe Christmas Cover Contest Reply with quote

LeeB. wrote:
If you like Christmas romances, check out the Cover Cafe Holiday Favorites contest.

http://www.covercafe.com/serendipity/index.php?/archives/56-Let-the-voting-begin!-2012-Holiday-Favorites-Contest.html

Lee's link to the contest entry page didn't process as a complete link for some reason so I'm adding a direct link to the ballot:

http://www.covercafe.com/Holiday/2012HF/HOL.html

Linnae
JyLnC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatW wrote:
PWNN wrote:

It got an Honorable Mention with the comment that as a novella, it wasn't "qualified" for the main contest.

Wreath of Snow is a novella but it was long enough at 224 pages to qualify. A Haunting Christmas was the novella that was too short with only 23 pages.

WOS tied with 2 other covers for the 10 spot on the ballot and I had to make an executive decision between the 3 covers. I agonized for days and finally went with another cover. Wreath of Snow was my personal favorite. That's why I started the Honorable Mentions post a fews years ago. There are always covers that just miss the finals and they deserve a shout out.

Linnae
JyLnC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JyLnC wrote:
PatW wrote:
PWNN wrote:

Wreath of Snow is a novella but it was long enough at 224 pages to qualify. A Haunting Christmas was the novella that was too short with only 23 pages.

WOS tied with 2 other covers for the 10 spot on the ballot and I had to make an executive decision between the 3 covers. I agonized for days and finally went with another cover. Wreath of Snow was my personal favorite. That's why I started the Honorable Mentions post a fews years ago. There are always covers that just miss the finals and they deserve a shout out.

Linnae

Oops - make that "10th" spot and a "few" years. Late night posting isn't wise. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: