AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Title: hist. romance, preg. sister, broken engagement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cstexas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Need Title: hist. romance, preg. sister, broken engagement Reply with quote

Hi! I've looked through 400 books on my kindle trying to find this but I must have missed it and am at a loss, so hopefully one of you can help me. I'm thinking of a book in which the hero feels like he has to marry some girl with a really good reputation because his sister is pregnant and he wants to protect her or something. Of course, he falls in love with some other girl, but he still plans to marry the first one until the sister sends a notice to the newspaper about her baby, ruining herself and making it unnecessary for him to marry to help her reputation.

I also think this book has a sequel, of sorts, about the "perfect" girl who got ditched for the heroine of the first one.

Titles or even authors for either of these would be greatly appreciated! Going crazy!
Jean Wan AAR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're historicals, they sound like Theresa Romain's Season for Temptation (#1) and Season for Surrender (#2). I've only read the second one.

Season for Temptation synopsis:
TWO SISTERS…
Julia Herington is overjoyed when her stepsister, Louisa, becomes engaged—to a viscount, no less. Louisa’s only hesitation is living a life under the ton’s critical gaze. But with his wry wit and unconventional ideas, Julia feels James is perfect for Louisa. She can only hope to find a man like him for herself. Exactly like him, in fact…
ONE CHOICE…
As the new Viscount Matheson, James wished to marry quickly and secure his title. Kind, intelligent Louisa seemed a suitable bride… Until he met her stepsister. Julia is impetuous—and irresistible. Pledged to one sister, yet captivated by another, what is he to do? As Christmas and the whirl of the London season approach, James may be caught in a most scandalous conundrum, one that only true love, a bit of spiritous punch—and a twist of fate—will solve…

Season for Surrender synopsis:
HONOR AMONG ROGUES
Alexander Edgware, Lord Xavier, has quite a reputation—for daring, wagering, and wickedness in all its delightful forms. But the wager before him is hardly his preferred sport: Xavier must persuade a proper young lady to attend his famously naughty Christmas house party—and stay the full, ruinous two weeks. Worse, the lady is Louisa Oliver, a doe-eyed bookworm Xavier finds quite charming. Yet to refuse the challenge is impossible—he will simply have to appoint himself Miss Oliver’s protector…
MISCHIEF AMONG MISSES
Louisa knows her chance for a husband has passed. But she has no desire to retire into spinsterhood without enjoying a few grand adventures first. When Lord Xavier’s invitation arrives, Louisa is more intrigued than insulted. And once inside the rogues’ gallery, she just may have a thing or two to teach her gentlemen friends about daring…
cstexas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those sound good! I don't think they're the ones I read (the heroine of the first and the second aren't at all related in the ones I read), but that's a good rec anyway, thanks!
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Sarah MacLeans's "Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart"

the book featuring the perfect heroine is called "A Rogue By Any Other Name" and is the first book in her next series.
cstexas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's it! Thank you so much!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: