AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Agree with Linden and Sumners reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pop Tart

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Agree with Linden and Sumners reviews Reply with quote

I too loved GRACE GROWS. At first it seems like just another chick lit/romance featuring a young gal in the city. But this one has real emotional depth. And like the reviewer I too sometimes got impatient with Grace but always found her behavior believable.

And sad to say I also agree with the review of Caroline Linden's latest. Though I do recommend the first two books in this trilogy - loved them in fact - this third one felt like it was just there. Not sure why.
Leigh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Agree with Linden and Sumners reviews Reply with quote

Pop Tart wrote:
I too loved GRACE GROWS. At first it seems like just another chick lit/romance featuring a young gal in the city. But this one has real emotional depth. And like the reviewer I too sometimes got impatient with Grace but always found her behavior believable.

And sad to say I also agree with the review of Caroline Linden's latest. Though I do recommend the first two books in this trilogy - loved them in fact - this third one felt like it was just there. Not sure why.

In Grace Grows I just thought the characterization was wonderful. The hero seems just like a puppy dog at first - so eager around Grace. And you can see his gradual weariness.

Thanks for posting - it is always nice to know when someone agrees<g>.Of course I don't mind if they don't agree, I just like discussions about books.
Pop Tart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In Grace Grows I just thought the characterization was wonderful. The hero seems just like a puppy dog at first - so eager around Grace. And you can see his gradual weariness.

That's exactly right. In fact the whole novel sort of just crept up on me - starts out pretty quietly but builds emotionally throughout.
msaggie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Grace Grows by Shelle Sumners (Mild spoilers) Reply with quote

After renewing my library copy of Shelle Sumners' Grace Grows for the second time, I had to move it up my TBR - and am I glad I did! I am not usually a fan of contemporaries or chick lit, but Grace Grows really worked for me. Thanks so much to Leigh for reviewing it here at AAR. It's true to the title, and shows how the main protagonist grows. I loved Grace, although at times I wanted to hit her on her head for being an idiot. However, I could see where she was coming from. Dear Author's Jayne also reviewed it (link here) - http://dearauthor.com/book-reviews/overall-c-reviews/c-plus-reviews/review-grace-grows-by-shelle-sumners/ - and gave it a C+ grade. How much you like this book depends on how much you could forgive Grace, I suppose. Ty is lovely, but think he's a bit of a fantasy hero. I felt really sorry for Steven (Grace's boyfriend). For those whose hot buttons are infidelity/two-timing, this isn't an issue here. I thought the childbirth scene was hilarious. And I had a LOL moment with the breast-feeding bit too.

I would recommend Grace Grows highly. It's really very romantic (yup, I have been serenaded to before by men too, and it's really something!), and Grace and Ty's relationship grows in a believable way. It's more light-hearted than Marsha Moyer's Lucy Hatch books (which also has a singer hero), which I also loved.
Leigh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Grace Grows by Shelle Sumners (Mild spoilers) Reply with quote

msaggie wrote:
After renewing my library copy of Shelle Sumners' Grace Grows for the second time, I had to move it up my TBR - and am I glad I did! I am not usually a fan of contemporaries or chick lit, but Grace Grows really worked for me. Thanks so much to Leigh for reviewing it here at AAR. It's true to the title, and shows how the main protagonist grows. I loved Grace, although at times I wanted to hit her on her head for being an idiot. However, I could see where she was coming from. Dear Author's Jayne also reviewed it (link here) - http://dearauthor.com/book-reviews/overall-c-reviews/c-plus-reviews/review-grace-grows-by-shelle-sumners/ - and gave it a C+ grade. How much you like this book depends on how much you could forgive Grace, I suppose. Ty is lovely, but think he's a bit of a fantasy hero. I felt really sorry for Steven (Grace's boyfriend). For those whose hot buttons are infidelity/two-timing, this isn't an issue here. I thought the childbirth scene was hilarious. And I had a LOL moment with the breast-feeding bit too.

I would recommend Grace Grows highly. It's really very romantic (yup, I have been serenaded to before by men too, and it's really something!), and Grace and Ty's relationship grows in a believable way. It's more light-hearted than Marsha Moyer's Lucy Hatch books (which also has a singer hero), which I also loved.

I am so glad that you enjoyed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: