AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wanderer by Robyn Carr April release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leigh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: The Wanderer by Robyn Carr April release Reply with quote

Found some information about Robyn Carr's new series:

rom Robyn Carr, #1 New York Times bestselling author of the popular Virgin River novels, comes Thunder Point-the highly anticipated new series that will make you laugh, make you sigh, and make you fall in love with a small town filled with people you'll never forget.
Nestled on the Oregon coast is a small town of rocky beaches and rugged charm. Locals love the land's unspoiled beauty. Developers see it as a potential gold mine. When newcomer Hank Cooper learns he's been left an old friend's entire beachfront property, he finds himself with a community's destiny in his hands.

Cooper has never been a man to settle in one place, and Thunder Point was supposed to be just another quick stop. But Cooper finds himself getting involved with the town. And with Sarah Dupre, a woman as complicated as she is beautiful.

With the whole town watching for his next move, Cooper has to choose between his old life and a place full of new possibilities. A place that just might be home.
Maggie AAR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what my feelings are about this. On the one hand, I am excited she is writing something new. On the other hand. I really like her stand alone books and this looks like Virgin River set elsewhere. Guess I will find it when it is published.

maggie b.
Tee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it's Carr who's writing it, I am looking forward to the book/series. I agree with Maggie that from the description, it does sound like Virgin River in another location. But since I enjoy(ed) that series, I'm hoping the same goes for this one.
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This does sound like the Oregon version of Virgin River. I am okay with that since I enjoy a well-written small town story. I like Carr's characters and story lines and will likely start this new series. I wonder if this means she'll be wrapping up the Virgin River series soon. Anyone heard anything about that?
Leigh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinabelle wrote:
This does sound like the Oregon version of Virgin River. I am okay with that since I enjoy a well-written small town story. I like Carr's characters and story lines and will likely start this new series. I wonder if this means she'll be wrapping up the Virgin River series soon. Anyone heard anything about that?

I suspect she is. I mean there is just so many people that can visit and find true love there. While I have enjoyed the series, I think I am ready for new characters, and a new locale.
janet w

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Sounds like Joanne Ross's series on Oregon coast Reply with quote

By that I mean, isn't that the same setting? I'm sure I'll read the new Carr series, wherever it's set. Altho it has run out of a little steam for me (Virgin River).
Leigh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excerpt is up on the new series, and she has updated her web page:

http://www.robyncarr.com/excerpt_thewanderer.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: