AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's Everyone Reading?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: release Reply with quote

Jane A wrote:

I'd read them all out of order, also, so I'm enjoying a reread in order. But hopefully I can break free soon, too. Laughing

Kirsten Ashley's website lists With Everything I Am, the next in The Three Series, to be released on eBook on November 23, 2012!
Jane A

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: release Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:

Kirsten Ashley's website lists With Everything I Am, the next in The Three Series, to be released on eBook on November 23, 2012!

I know! There's an excerpt, too. Cool
Meg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading Jane (the woman who loved Tarzan) by Robin Maxwell.

It was on display in my library's new books section or I never would have known about it. Maxwell has done justice writing Jane's POV. It's tragic her spin of what happened to Tarzan's parents through their journal.

I highly recommend it to anyone, like me, who have a soft spot for the Tarzan series with Johnny Weissmuller and Maureen O'Sullivan.

Meg
Eggletina

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished my re-read of Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone so I can start its sequel, Days of Blood and Starlight later today.
D Rogers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: What I'm Reading Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm reading several things at once: Dennis Lehane's Darkness, Take My Hand (for the class I'm teaching), Egypt by Nick Drake, and Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt (which is, by the way, quite wonderful).

Denise
LFL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about halfway through Loretta Chase's trad regency Knave's Wager which was just released in digital this past week. So far so good.
MMcA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm about halfway through Loretta Chase's trad regency Knave's Wager which was just released in digital this past week. So far so good.

I just read that too, because of the price deal. A Loretta Chase book can be anything from a DIK to a DNF for me, and at the beginning, I was really worried about this one. (Just the whole premise of the book: that the hero would wager he could seduce the heroine...) But in the end, I really enjoyed it - intelligent adult characters behaving like intelligent adults.
LFL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMcA wrote:
Quote:

I just read that too, because of the price deal. A Loretta Chase book can be anything from a DIK to a DNF for me, and at the beginning, I was really worried about this one. (Just the whole premise of the book: that the hero would wager he could seduce the heroine...) But in the end, I really enjoyed it - intelligent adult characters behaving like intelligent adults.

I ended up loving it! I'm working on a blog review now.
veasleyd1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a by-product of cleaning house, I just (re)read M.J. Rodgers, Bones of Contention, a Harlequin Intrigue originally published in 1991. It's more mystery than romance. I apparently decided that it was a keeper then, and I agree with myself 21 years later. It's going back on the shelf instead of to Goodwill.
veasleyd1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still cleaning. I just (re) read Michelle Kasey, The Somerville Farce (Signet: 1991). The author was actually the person who usually writes under the name Kasey Michaels, and upon exploration, I find that it's now available on Kindle and Nook .

It's silly; it's absurd; it's ridiculous; I've been laughing a lot. I suppose that's why I kept it, and it will go back on the keeper shelves.
esskayel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to read the 3rd in Nora Roberts' Inn Boonsboro trilogy, but of course had to read the first two before I could get to it. Burned through both over the weekend, and now I'm finally on The Perfect Hope. I hope I enjoy it more than others did, eek.
angela

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently reading Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck- It's an YA paranormal book and takes place,for the most part, in India. This is the first time I've delved in the young adult genre since I've been,well, a young adult. Really enjoying it. Probably need to read The Hunger Games next, since my sister and her daughter are pushing me to read it.
Tee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

esskayel wrote:
I wanted to read the 3rd in Nora Roberts' Inn Boonsboro trilogy, but of course had to read the first two before I could get to it. Burned through both over the weekend, and now I'm finally on The Perfect Hope. I hope I enjoy it more than others did, eek.

I hope you do, too. The series was a complete washout for me, unfortunately, with The Perfect Hope being the best of the bad, so to speak. Very Happy
Eggletina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd bump this thread back up.

After years of telling myself I'm going to read Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan series, I've finally collected most of the books courtesy of a holiday gift card and have polished off eight of them so far. Am getting ready to start Memory next. These are fun, and the characters are great. I completely understand why they're so often recommended and addictive.
MMcA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Am getting ready to start Memory next.

'Memory' is one of my favourites: maybe the favourite, though I also love 'A Civil Campaign'. (I haven't reread Ivan's book enough to know where it stands in the Pantheon, but I enjoyed it more the second time through, which is a good sign.)

Addictive is the word: I think of them as Pringles books - when I decide to reread one, I usually end up rereading the lot.

Are you reading them in order?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: