AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kristen Ashley, have you read her?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jane A

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
xina wrote:

Linda, This is at the start of the book when she is hired as a waitress at his bar. He's in a bad mood and she wasn't supposed to hear what he said. She ignores him and brushes him off quite a bit at the start of the book..because of his comment, which drives him crazy. I like the way KA writes older heroes and heroines. It's kind of refreshing.

Xina, only just over 100 pages in so far but I love it, thanks for the rec!

Linda

Sweet Dreams is my favorite KA, and I like a lot of them!
xina

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jane A"][quote="Linda in sw va"]
xina wrote:

It is one of my favorites too. This is really an opposites attract theme, and I've always been attracted to those stories.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="xina"][quote="Jane A"]
Linda in sw va wrote:
xina wrote:

It is one of my favorites too. This is really an opposites attract theme, and I've always been attracted to those stories.

This kind of lighthearted fun book is exactly what I need after the weighted The Siren, I feel like I can breath and laugh again! You're right Xina, she writes older heroines well.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

This kind of lighthearted fun book is exactly what I need after the weighted The Siren, I feel like I can breath and laugh again! You're right Xina, she writes older heroines well.

Linda

Yes, she writes older heroine who are sexy and beautiful, because her hard-headed heroes think they are!! Smile There are a lot of fun moments in SD...like when her ex husband walks into the bar. I think there were a few times, but it was funny.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[Yes, she writes older heroine who are sexy and beautiful, because her hard-headed heroes think they are!! Smile There are a lot of fun moments in SD...like when her ex husband walks into the bar. I think there were a few times, but it was funny.

I haven't gotten to that part, I look forward to it! Very Happy

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm intrigued by this book, not by Kristen Ashley but the reviewer describes it as Motorcycle Man on crack!

http://anas-attic.com/anas_diary/review-undeniable-by-madeline-sheehan/

Linda
jaime

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a couple of days ago that Ashley got a publishing contract and her Dream Man series is going to be re-published.
xina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaime wrote:
I read a couple of days ago that Ashley got a publishing contract and her Dream Man series is going to be re-published.

Good for her. I've really enjoyed her books and now I've got my DIL reading them. Happy for the author even though the $$ of her books will rise, I really think she needs a hand with the editing. Smile
erika

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read her latest release With Everything I Am. It was ok. Glad her backlist is reasonably priced because I bought Until the Sun Falls from the Sky. Priced under $4 its easy to take chances. So I'm happy I discovered KA before her ebooks prices increased.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaime wrote:

That's great, I love to hear that she's doing so well. Motorcycle Man is a Goodreads finalist right now in their poll 'choose the best books of 2012' The voting is closed and the winner will be announced on December 4. I hope she wins it!

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

That's great, I love to hear that she's doing so well. Motorcycle Man is a Goodreads finalist right now in their poll 'choose the best books of 2012' The voting is closed and the winner will be announced on December 4. I hope she wins it!

Linda

I haven't been on Goodreads for months, but I hope she wins too. I love her books, but wonder at her huge popularity at times. Her heroes are, well...something else, if you know what I mean. Smile
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:

I haven't been on Goodreads for months, but I hope she wins too. I love her books, but wonder at her huge popularity at times. Her heroes are, well...something else, if you know what I mean. Smile

I know it, they are and in a good way! Lol. Tack being the most hardcore of all, so for this book to be chosen says something. I'm hoping that what it means is that the alpha hero is making a comeback! Very Happy

It's up against Fifty Shades Freed by the way, but I voted for MM instead because FSF was my least favorite of the series.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

I know it, they are and in a good way! Lol. Tack being the most hardcore of all, so for this book to be chosen says something. I'm hoping that what it means is that the alpha hero is making a comeback! Very Happy

It's up against Fifty Shades Freed by the way, but I voted for MM instead because FSF was my least favorite of the series.

Linda

I should spend more time on Goodreads, but I never update my reading there (I've had the same sorry book...which I DNF'd, for so long). Actually Freed was my favorite out of the 3, but I really liked MM too. So, I saved myself the pain of deciding which to vote for.

DIL finshed The Gamble and loved it and is now reading Sweet Dreams. She called the hero *really pushy*, and I told her..yeah, all her guys are that way...wait until you read Motorcyle Man. LOL. I think I've created another fan though.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved Sweet Dreams! Yay on introducing your DIL to KA's yummy pushy heroes, haha.

I'm really not on goodreads much but I follow the author on Facebook so that's how I found out and voted. Easy was in there too and I voted for it in it's category, young adult I think it was.

Linda
MEK

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on a Kristen Ashley binge for a while but I've kinda had enough. I've probably read about 5 of hers. There are many "flaws" in her books (length, repetitiveness, TSTL moments, editing) BUT, WHO CARES??!!

This, to me, is what is so exciting about reading and finding new authors. Sometimes the "perfect" book can bore me to tears, but an author like Ashley comes along and she's fun, enjoyable, and has that certain something that pushes all the right buttons.

She's the type of writer who probably would get a low grade in any creative writing class, but the class members can't wait to read her stuff!

More power to her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: