AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Start of DWTS All-Stars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, I hope I didn't spoil it for you. I forgot you don't watch it on the same night.

Regarding SOA - I haven't seen it in two weeks and I am looking forward to it tonight. You are right Clay doesn't get any better.
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so PISSED. How can Gilles go home??? He is so so much better than Emmitt. It's not going to be the same with him gone. When I saw the three men at the end Apolo, Gilles and Emmitt, i knew Emmitt would move on but i I thought it would be Apolo to go home. I don't think Gilles has been in the bottom two before, Apolo has - plus Gilles has a lot of women voting for him. Didn't expect this - this is a shocker for me.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
I am so PISSED. How can Gilles go home??? He is so so much better than Emmitt. It's not going to be the same with him gone. When I saw the three men at the end Apolo, Gilles and Emmitt, i knew Emmitt would move on but i I thought it would be Apolo to go home. I don't think Gilles has been in the bottom two before, Apolo has - plus Gilles has a lot of women voting for him. Didn't expect this - this is a shocker for me.

I'm so shocked and disappointed! Boo!!! I thought it would be Apolo as well. Emmitt has not been that great this season but has a very large voting base.

I will be rooting for Melissa to win iit but I can't lie, I'm not as into watching now wtih my favorite hottie gone, lol

Linda
jebe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a little shocked by Gilles' exit this week, but only b/c I thought Emmitt should've gone instead. He's a nice guy and all, but he really hasn't brought anything new to the show this season.

I do admit, though, that I had become a little ambivalent about Gilles. It seemed to me that he had become a little too...I don't know what the word is that would best describe it, maybe "over the top!" I was getting tired of all the "yes" fist action after every little thing and the whole trying to trade in on his sexiness vs. dancing ability. By the time it came down to Apolo vs Gilles, I was in the Apolo camp.

I really don't know who I want to win, I've never been a Derek fan, but Shawn is so earnest to me. She's really like America's Sweetheart. The ladies I eat lunch with are all in different camps as to who our favorites are, so I think it's going to be a real shoot-out in the end!
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, I get to see Apolo get a perfect score. The Indian (don't remember the name) dance that Shawn and Derek did was fantastic. The best of the night for me. I also loved Melissa and Tony's Dirty Diana dance too. Overall, the dances were good.

I do miss Gilles. But It wasn't just the sexiness that I liked about him or what made me root for him. What i really liked about him besides being a very good dancer (better than Emmitt, IMO) is there's something so genuine and humble about him that I just like and find so attractive. He should have been in the semi-finals and finals, oh well. I am also a huge Apolo fan. Shawn was good coming in, but Derek has helped to make her a great dancer. But for some reason, I am not as interested in her this time around.

Anyway, i hope Emmitt goes tonight. But then it's a double elimination and someone else has to go. I hope Apolo stays.
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew Apolo would be eliminated. Well, it's ladies final. Has that ever happened before in DWTS history? Melissa may just win it. If not her, then Kelly, I hope.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
I knew Apolo would be eliminated. Well, it's ladies final. Has that ever happened before in DWTS history? Melissa may just win it. If not her, then Kelly, I hope.

I'm trying to remember another season in which this has happened and coming up blank.

I'm so excited for Melissa and Tony, I would be so thrilled if they won it! But alas, I think it's going to be Shawn, not only is Shawn technically a better dancer but I'm sure as an Olympic champion she has a larger voting base.

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of people feel the same, that Shawn will win. I'm hoping for a surprise and it will be Melissa.

What I am a little surprised at, is Apolo didn't seem to have a big fan base this time around. In his season, he was never in the bottom, at least not that I recall. To me he seemed just as committed as in his season. I wonder if it was the partnership with Karina. He and Juliana were great together.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really surprised Melissa has come this far, that's great! Also Kelly has a bigger voting base than I thought.

Shawn is sweet and obviously the best dancer but I just hate to see Derek get another mirror ball.

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the general hospital fans voting for Kelly. I like Derek but would rather see someone else get the mirror ball. I think he has already won three times already. Tony is not one of my favorite prof. dancer but I would prefer him to win over Derek. Tony has never won, Melissa is his best partner ever, I think that's why he looks so happy and having so much this season.
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyed tonight's final. For me, on the first dances, I loved Kelly and Val's paso the best, even with the slight misstep. On the super size freestyle, Melissa and Tony's was my favorite. Shawn and Derek again was great, and especially with the Fab 5, the fans are going to go wild. But even though it was great, i still preferred Melissa's contemporary, it was beautiful.

I really hope Melissa wins, if not, then Kelly.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought all 3 did a wonderful job with their freestyles! Loved Melissa and Tony's the best as well and gave them all my votes. Fingers crossed!

Linda
ps - Debbie, I think you mentioned earlier you are a SOA fan, have you seen this? Made me cry!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/26/sons-of-anarchy-ryan-hurst-opie/
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope she wins too. I just wish it was an hour show instead they drag it out to 2 hours.

Linda, on SOA I still haven't recovered from Opie's death. Besides Jax, he was a fav for me. It was a hard scene to watch, I cried, it was so sad. Opie never got over his wife Donna's death and then his dad.
dick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife called me in to watch each of the dances last night. I don't usually do that. But, having done so, I have to disagree about the freestyle dances, for I thought there were things in Melissa's (?) that were simply silly--such as her stepping on his back when he crouched. In what way could that be considered dance, for kraut's sake? I may have to start voting.
Vol Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched sporadically this year. But I did watch almost all of last nights. Missed Kelly's first dance though, so can't comment on that. Personally, I thought the freestyle of Kelly was great. Didn't see any mistakes. The others did very good too, but Shawn's was too much Olympic/acrobatic for me. This is a dance competition & I just didn't think it had enough dance to it. Melissa was good, but not 10's all around IMO. Close, but pretty equal to Kelly's dance. Seemed to me that if one of them got all 10's, they both should have gotten all 10's. Maybe I just have a tendency to be slightly against Melissa because the judges have her as their personal favorite,or so it seems.

Truth to tell, I've not been watching much in the last couple of years. I got turned off by the obvious vote manipulation by the judges. It seems that when they expect higher viewer votes for someone, they lower their own votes and vice versa. Plus, I hate how it has totally turned into a popularity contest. It started all about celebrities venturing outside their realm, but every year, they seem to add more celebrities who have had "some sort of" dance to their background. I think the thing that turned me off most though was the obvious manipulation of votes. If you have no investment, but watch to see dancing, you can really pick up on the judges voting to "help or hurt" someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: