AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking forward to - Jan, Feb, Mar
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leigh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Looking forward to - Jan, Feb, Mar Reply with quote

Of course I am already making my list. It seems that the end of the year just fizzles out for me.

Jan
Sex Lies and Bonsai by Lisa Walker

Have you ever felt the need to start again? Dumped by text message, Edie flees Sydney for the refuge of her childhood home, taking only a wilting bonsai as a reminder of her failure. But in this small coastal town, shy, awkward Edie has always lived in the shadow of her surf champion father. How can she move on from her ex -- and from her past? Her best friend and life-coach, Sally, is full of dubious advice, but Edie finds there are many ways to mess things up all by herself. A new-found talent for erotic writing, a job drawing crab larvae, unrequited lust for a professor with hidden depths and a maddening musician with troubles of his own add to her swag of problems. And then things get complicated ... A tender and witty tale about finding your voice, falling in love ... and crab sex.

The Other Side of Us Sarah Mayberry The best thing between Oliver Barrett and Mackenzie Williams is a fence. Ever since Oliver's new-neighbor gestures were met with unfriendly responses, he's decided to keep his distance. After all, he's in this seaside town to get his life on track again. That doesn't include working hard to get on Mackenzie's good side-no matter how intriguing she may be.

His intentions are put to the test, however, when his dog becomes infatuated with hers. The two crafty canines do their best to break down the barriers between the properties. And where the dogs go...well, the humans must follow! It doesn't take long for a powerful attraction to build between Oliver and Mackenzie. They soon discover that the worst of first impressions can lead to the best possible outcomes....

Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Jill Mansell

Dexter Yates loves his fun, care-free London life; he has money, looks and girlfriends galore. But everything changes overnight when his sister dies, leaving him in charge of her eight-month-old daughter Delphi. How is he ever going to cope?

Comic-strip artist Molly Hayes lives in the beautiful Cotswold village of Briarwood. When it comes to relationships, she has a history of choosing all the wrong men. Leaving the city behind, Dex moves to Briarwood - a much better place to work on his parenting skills - and he and Molly become neighbours. There's an undeniable connection between them. But if Dexter's going to adapt, he first has a lot to learn about Molly, about other people's secrets...and about himself.

Feb
Crystal Cove by Lisa Kleypas

When Justine Hoffman was born her mother cast a spell to protect her from heartbreak, and as a result, she is incapable of falling in love. Eventually Justine's irrepressible curiosity —and her wish to lead a normal life —get the better of her, and she finds a way to temporarily block the enchantment. However, when Justine meets the mysterious Jason Black, she accidentally unleashes a storm of desire and danger that will threaten everything she holds dear . . . and together Justine and Jason discover that love is the most powerful magic of all.

Mar
The Wanderer (Thunder Point) Robyn Carr - looks like this is her new series in a new location.

The Best Man by Kristan Higgins

Sometimes the best man is who you least expect....
Faith Holland left her hometown after being jilted at the altar. Now a little older and wiser, she's ready to return to the Blue Heron Winery, her family's vineyard, to confront the ghosts of her past, and maybe enjoy a glass of red. After all, there's some great scenery there....

Like Levi Cooper, the local police chief-and best friend of her former fiancé . There's a lot about Levi that Faith never noticed, and it's not just those deep green eyes. The only catch is she's having a hard time forgetting that he helped ruin her wedding all those years ago. If she can find a minute amidst all her family drama to stop and smell the rosé , she just might find a reason to stay at Blue Heron, and finish that walk down the aisle.

What is on your list?
Kayne

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan 2013
The Mammoth Book of Futuristic Romance Trisha Telep
One Good Earl Deserves a Lover: The First Rule of Scoundrels Sarah MacLean
Shadow Woman by Linda Howard
Ally and Ren’s story (as yet untitled) the finale of The Rock Chick Series Kristin Ashley
Dream Eyes Jayne Krentz Jan 8th

Feb
Conquest of Lady Cassandra Madeline Hunter Feb 26
Museum Piece by Ann Stuart
Lord of Darkness Feb 26, Elizabeth Hoyt
Lady Eve’s Indescretion by Grace Burrowes
Lord of Darkness by Elizabeth Hoyt - Feb 26

March
Ilsa and Apollo’s story (as yet untitled) of The Fantasyland Series Kristin Ashley
03/12 Mary Balogh, The Arrangement
library addict

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

January
All He Ever Dreamed by Shannon Stacey (Kowalski #6) [21st]
Dream Eyes by Jayne Ann Krentz (Dark Legacy #2) [8th]
Killing Time by Cindy Gerard (One-Eyed Jacks #1) [22nd]
The Baby Bump by Jennifer Greene {HSE}
The Lady Most Willing… by Julia Quinn, Eloisa James, Connie Brockway

February:
Calculated in Death by JD Robb [26th]
“Alone with You” Be Mine anthology by Shannon Stacey, Victoria Dahl, etc
The Marriage Campaign by Karen Templeton (Summer Sisters #3) {HSE}
That Night on Thistle Lane by Carla Neggers (Swift River Valley #2) [Jan 29th]
One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean (Rules of Scoundrels #2) [Jan 29th]

March:
Tactical Advantage by Julie Miller (The Precinct #20) {HI}
Operation Reunion by Justine Davis (Cutter’s Code #2) {HRS}

I think I am in the process of "breaking up" with Julia Quinn and will probably get the anthology from the library. I've yet to read her latest Smythe-Smith book.
cdnreader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also looking forward to Shannon Stacey's All He Ever Dreamed on Jan 21st.

For Feb 5th I'm looking forward to Lisa Kleyas Crystal Cove.

Thanks for all the recs ladies
Eliza

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12/31 Jennifer Ashley, The Seduction of Elliot McBride
01/29 Karen Ranney, The Lass Wore Black
02/05 Anne Gracie, Autumn Bride
02/05 Deirdre Martin, Hipcheck
02/26 Elizabeth Hoyt, Lord of Darkness
02/26 JD Robb, Calculated in Death

@ Leigh: I haven't read Kristan Higgins' last couple of books because they tilted off the fence more into women's fiction IMO. Do you think that? Anyone else? I'd be interested in hearing what her latest book is like.

@Kayne: Would you let us know what you think of the new Telep Mammoth book when you get it? I'd really appreciate it; I like futuristic but not necessarily paranormal.

@library addict: I broke up with Julia Quinn too and haven't read her past couple of books. Did you like the last anthology though?
Lynda X

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about Anne Gracie's Autumn Bride? Any excerpt available or any description?
maryskl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busy putting many of these books on my amazon wish list...

Thanks for all of the replies.
Eliza

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynda X wrote:
Anyone know anything about Anne Gracie's Autumn Bride? Any excerpt available or any description?

The Autumn Bride - A Chance Sisters Romance

Governess Abigail Chantry will do anything to save her sister and two dearest friends from destitution, even if it means breaking into an empty mansion in the hope of finding something to sell. Instead of treasures, though, she finds the owner, Lady Beatrice Davenham, bedridden and neglected. Appalled, Abby rousts Lady Beatrice's predatory servants and—with Lady Beatrice's eager cooperation—the four young ladies become her “nieces,” neatly eliminating the threat of disaster for all concerned!

It's the perfect situation, until Lady Beatrice’s dashing and arrogant nephew, Max, Lord Davenham, returns from the Orient—and discovers an impostor running his household…

A romantic entanglement was never the plan for these stubborn, passionate opponents—but falling in love may be as inevitable as the falling of autumn leaves...

Tags: Historical Romance, Regency
Natalie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan 2013
Prodigy - Marie Lu (YA)
That Scandalous Summer - Meredith Duran
Shadow Woman - Linda Howard

Feb 2013
Unravel Me - Tahereh Mafi (YA)
Crystal Cove - Lisa Kleypas
The Autumn Bride - Anne Gracie

March 2013
The Arrangement - Mary Balogh

And two other books in Courtney Milan's Brothers Sinister series, whenever they're coming out.
Lynda X

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thanks, Eliza. That looks good!
library addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eliza wrote:
Did you like the last anthology though?

I haven't read The Lady Most Willing yet. I thought The Lady Most Likely was rather bland.
Eliza

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynda X wrote:
Oh, thanks, Eliza. That looks good!

I forgot to mention that I found the same description everywhere and no others anywhere I looked, so I'm guessing it's back cover copy maybe.
kim_mac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon lists October 29, 2013 as the release date for The Arrangement by Mary Balogh but I did think it was originally due out sooner. (Natalie lists it as March above.) Anyone know the scoop?
Leigh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kim_mac wrote:
Amazon lists October 29, 2013 as the release date for The Arrangement by Mary Balogh but I did think it was originally due out sooner. (Natalie lists it as March above.) Anyone know the scoop?

It looks like it is available in the U.K in March and the U.S in October. Did anyone else notice that it appears that it is only available as e-book?

I checked Amazon and www.fantasticfiction.com for information.
Leigh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eliza wrote:
12/31 Jennifer Ashley, The Seduction of Elliot McBride
01/29 Karen Ranney, The Lass Wore Black
02/05 Anne Gracie, Autumn Bride
02/05 Deirdre Martin, Hipcheck
02/26 Elizabeth Hoyt, Lord of Darkness
02/26 JD Robb, Calculated in Death

@ Leigh: I haven't read Kristan Higgins' last couple of books because they tilted off the fence more into women's fiction IMO. Do you think that? Anyone else? I'd be interested in hearing what her latest book is like.

@Kayne: Would you let us know what you think of the new Telep Mammoth book when you get it? I'd really appreciate it; I like futuristic but not necessarily paranormal.

@library addict: I broke up with Julia Quinn too and haven't read her past couple of books. Did you like the last anthology though?

I have a review of this coming anthology coming up.

I quit her last book, Somebody to Love after a few chapters. It really bothered me that she called him thing 1 or something like that. And it had the older woman, younger man scenario which I am not fond of.

She has been more hit and miss for me lately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: