AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble Recalling Titles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttbloodlusttt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Trouble Recalling Titles Reply with quote

Hey, I've posted this question on Yahoo! but received no helpful hints. Here's what I asked:

"A long, long time ago I read this romance novel. I believe it started with a man being physically tortured in a dungeon/prison. I think one of the tortures was wearing a black hood over his face. After the torture was over they would send in a woman who had magical healing ability. I think she helps him escape eventually. It was not modern. I'm thinking Medieval, horses drawn wagons.

Alternately, there is another romance I read that I don't think is the same book. The cover I remember plain as day but Googling has gotten me no where. The cover has a man on a horse (I think) and he's reaching for a woman with long white hair. Her white hair was something to be noted. I remember it's a fantasy-type romance. The woman was not an ordinary human. She came from a tribe/type of people who were magical, peaceful, and born into a betrothal I believe. I think (God it's so hard to differentiate some of these stories) the male in this second book is a prince/king but hasn't quite taken his place or his kingdom has fallen/people left."

I'm referring to two different books. Neither have modern themes. Both, I want to say, were fantasy themed/medieval themed. It's driving me crazy that I can't remember the titles.

If I remember correctly they are older, I believe I read them 1999-2002 ish. My mom had picked them up at the book exchange in the library so it's possible they were actually 80's or 90's.

Thanks in advance for any advice, tips, or leads anyone can give me <3

-Angie
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be Warrior's Lady by Madeline Baker? Here's the blurb:

"Jarrett is a warrior. Brave and bold, he belongs to the battlefield, but Fate has other plans. Captured by his enemies, tortured for their amusement, he longs for the death that is denied him by the Maje who heals his broken body night after night.

Leyla's gentle touch restores his hope, her tenderness mends his damaged heart. But will their growing passion and devotion for one another be strong enough to prevail against those trying so desperately to keep them apart?"

Also - although you said two different books, but the original cover of this one has a woman with white hair.
ttbloodlusttt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Kristie!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2518740.Warrior_s_Lady

This is exactly what I'm looking for! That cover, that story! Lots of appreciation!
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttbloodlusttt wrote:
Thank you so much Kristie!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2518740.Warrior_s_Lady

This is exactly what I'm looking for! That cover, that story! Lots of appreciation!

You are most welcome. *g*. I'm glad that that's the right book. Most of the time I either don't know or if I do, someone else has beat me with the answer. I haven't read Madeline Baker in years but back in the day I quite liked many of her books. And while looking this one up, I noticed some of her back list were on for a good price as ebooks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: