AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beautiful Bad Man by Ellen O'Connell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Beautiful Bad Man by Ellen O'Connell Reply with quote

For those readers who enjoy Ellen O'Connell's western romances, her latest title Beautiful Bad Man has been released.
Once again, she's written an authentic historical combined with a tender romance. I loved it. A 4.5-star read for me.
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I've been checking almost daily but missed yesterday. But I headed over to Amazon as soon as I saw your post and got it.
I wish though, she would get better covers. I know she self-publishes, thus that would be a cost saver, the generic ones she has, but the shallow me, the one that often does buy a book based on its cover, would like a better looking cover - to better display the treasure that is inside as it were.
Lynda X

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, this is the best that O'Connell has put out. It moves faster than her others, but with the same psychological insight and lovable characters, especially the "bad man." Plus, there is no separation of the h&h. I read the arc and will reread the revised copy today or tomorrow. If you've read her other books, this is another great one. You can find in at Amazon I guess only under the title, BEAUTIFUL BAD MAN (I think not under O'Connell's name) or at

http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-Bad-Man-ebook/dp/B009I6EOBS/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1349038403&sr=1-1&keywords=Beautiful+Bad+Man+by+o%27connell

Enjoy!

Lynda
MEK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished Beautiful Bad Man. It was wonderful, and equal to all her other westerns - well written with a good plot and nice character development. Tender moments. I like how she carried the "bad man" theme throughout and worked with it. What makes a bad man? Especially in the lawless West. Her female characters are always interesting, too. This author is one of my favorites. Nice pricing, as well!!
maryskl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished this book as well. I love O'Connell's westerns and this one was no exception.
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I just finished it too, and like everyone else, loved it. I love,love, love how her heroe's and heroines start off as friends. There is never any of those dreaded Big M's, the author uses external conflict rather than misunderstanding between the main characters.

I just love the rather offbeat almost black sense of humour that Caleb has. Although he's done some very bad things in his past, he does have an odd sense of justice. And I loved how he listened to Norah, really listened to her and what was important.

Because Norah and Caleb become friends and very good ones, as do the characters in all of Ms. O'Connell's books, I really believe in the HEA in all her stories.

I just want to get as many romance readers as I can to give them a try and say "These!!! These are the reason I love this genre so much!!" I think she is definitely in the very top level of Western Romance authors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: