AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Start of DWTS All-Stars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With each season, DWTS has become more of a popularity contest. Drew and Helio should not have gone home. I think Drew was pissed, I don't blame him.

Linda, thanks for the recap. You are right looking back on Melissa and Tony, the dance would slow down when they did the tricks and it make it looked awkward. Still good but other dances were better like Gilles, Apolo Kelly.

What do you think of the dancers choosing each other dances? Should be fun.

Why a fourth judge on Monday? I honestly hope this is a one time thing and won't become permanent. I think they have lower ratings this season.

You had me laughing with the fifty shades comment. He is hot, sexy and sensuous - his wife is one lucky lady.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
With each season, DWTS has become more of a popularity contest. Drew and Helio should not have gone home. I think Drew was pissed, I don't blame him.

Linda, thanks for the recap. You are right looking back on Melissa and Tony, the dance would slow down when they did the tricks and it make it looked awkward. Still good but other dances were better like Gilles, Apolo Kelly.

Why a fourth judge on Monday? I honestly hope this is a one time thing and won't become permanent. I think they have lower ratings this season.

You had me laughing with the fifty shades comment. He is hot, sexy and sensuous - his wife is one lucky lady.

Debbie, yes she is, though she is gorgeous too!

I'm not sure how I feel about them picking each other's dances because I like mostly that it's a friendly competition, if they start really trying to make it hard for the other couple over we could lose that. Did they already pick? I didn't watch the results show and then got spoiled as to who went home so I didn't bother.

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:

Debbie, yes she is, though she is gorgeous too!

I'm not sure how I feel about them picking each other's dances because I like mostly that it's a friendly competition, if they start really trying to make it hard for the other couple over we could lose that. Did they already pick? I didn't watch the results show and then got spoiled as to who went home so I didn't bother.

Not a fan of Paula Abdul, I don't know why they're having her on as a guest judge. I guess they're experimenting with changes to keep things interesting after so many seasons.

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda,

Yes they picked the dances. I only remember a couple, Apolo hip pop, Karina was happy but Apolo looked a little unsure. I think Derek and Shawn got mambo and Melissa jitter bug, not sure. I think it will stay friendly. When they were picking the dances for each other it looked like they were having fun with it. Most of the time I don't watch the entire result show. They drag it out and I find it boring sometimes.

Paula Abdul can get on people's nerves. At times, She got on mine when she was a judge on AI. I agree they are tying to make things interesting plus I think to try and get the ratings back up. I think the Voice is stealing viewers. The Voice is great.
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilles was fantastic dancing Bollywood. My two favs were Gilles and Kelly. Kelly and Val's contemporary was beautiful, she should have gotten at least a 10. My guy Apolo, I was so sad that Karina fell. I don't know what's going on with the judges but IMO they are not giving Apolo the proper scores. Yes the dance wasn't perfect because Karina fell, but as Len said he was looking at Apolo not Karina. Apolo is the celebrity dancer and he didn't fall, he was very good, yet all the judges gave him an 8.5 except Carrie Ann. From day one they have been scoring him somewhat low (Cool he's much, much better than that. They should not be scoring him the same as Bristol and Kirstie. Sorry, for my rant, just had to get it off my chest.

Everyone was pretty good tonight, even Bristol and Kirstie. I thought it was their best dance so far - better than last week. I still think Bristol could let go more. Dereck and Shawn are just superb. Do they ever make a mistake? Dereck is a great chirographer, I think the best on the show.

Gilles is so good, he has a lot of fans, especially the ladies. I think he may win it.

Debbie.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For once I watched this live, omg Val is so in lurv with Kelly, it's adorable! As he carried her down the stairs at the end of their dance and then up the stairs to judging the theme song to The Bodyguard was running through my mind, lol. Loved their dance too! Wow, he does contemporary well and so did she.

Wow, Gilles kicked butt with Bollywood! I've seen dancers on So You Think You Can Dance that are trained dancers and they don't do nearly as well in this style, very difficult to do.
Shawn is really good but her journey doesn't grab me as some of the others do. I too felt Apolo should have got better scores, he did a darn good job and danced the hip hop better than Karina and that's without her falling. Kirstie and Bristol have improved but they are still so far behind the rest, it's hard to see better dancers go home while they stay. Melissa is so cute and glad to see Tony getting complimented on his choreo.

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I watched Kelly danced contemporary I couldn't help but compare her to the dancers from SYTYCD. She was as good as them.

Kelly and Val have off the chart chemistry. Yes Val has a HUGE crush on her, it is so obvious.

I like also like Shawn, but I feel the same, she's not grabbing me. I don't know why. Maybe, it is because she's so good, she and Derek never really make a mistake. I felt the same in her season.

I was surprised that Karina had never danced Hip hop before. Apolo did, with Julianne and they were both great so I knew he would do well.

I wonder who will go home tonight. I hope it's not Apolo.
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well finally they got the right bottom two. I don't watch the entire elimination show, I saw when Apolo was told he's in jeopardy (got a little nervous) and the end when Bristol was sent home.

I will miss Mark, he's one my fav professional dancer.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
Well finally they got the right bottom two. I don't watch the entire elimination show, I saw when Apolo was told he's in jeopardy (got a little nervous) and the end when Bristol was sent home.

I will miss Mark, he's one my fav professional dancer.

I'm pleased with who went home!

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too am pleased. I wish Mark didn't have to go though.

I hope next season, Mark and Tristan will get partners that are good and have some dancing ability. I Like Derek a lot too but he always gets the stronger partners.

Does anyone know who exactly decides which celebrity gets which professional dancer?
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
I, too am pleased. I wish Mark didn't have to go though.

I hope next season, Mark and Tristan will get partners that are good and have some dancing ability. I Like Derek a lot too but he always gets the stronger partners.

Does anyone know who exactly decides which celebrity gets which professional dancer?

Debbie, I hated to see Tristan go first, he deserves a good partner next time! I think the celebs have input into who they would like as a partner, or at least some do. Kirstie said she told them the only way she would do the show again is if Maks were her partner. The thing is, this time around there are a few pros there that have had multiple wins so I doubt they could please everyone. Derek seems to me like their 'golden boy', they usually give him really good dancers.

If Kirstie goes next then we are left with the better dancers and the competition will then really hear up!

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Carrie Ann falling off her chair, she was so excited with Peta and Gilles sexy rumba. I had to rewind to watch it again because I couldn't believe it. Len and Bruno was cracking up. It was funny, anyway she got a hug and kiss from Gilles. I would fall too, Gilles is one HOT man.

I missed Kirsten's dance. I think Kelly and Val was good but not great. She looked a little off, stiff to me. I saw a little of Emmitt, I guess he was fine, of course the judges gave him high marks. The group dance was good, but for some reason I didn't love it. I was shocked that Len gave them a 10. He seems stingy with his 10's Smile. Was that his first 10 of the season? I hope when Apolo dances his guilty pleasure tomorrow he gets high scores. I am happy that Melissa is doing fine and was able to dance. Neck pain can be bad. Looking forward to seen Gilles, Peta ganham (sp?) group dance - that should be fun. When will they have the elimination?
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the gangham group dance. Maybe Derek and Shawn's group dance was better but this one was more fun. Damn, Gilles is yummy in those little white shorts. That man can move body, I only had eyes for him through the dance.

I thought Derek and Shawn's rumba was beautiful. Shawn did great. This pains me to say but i did not love Apolo and Karina's samba. Apolo has had some really good dances but the judges are scoring him low for some reason. I don't necessarily agree with Carrie Ann that he hasn't had a break-out dance as yet and something about not having chemistry with Karina. What do you think? Do you think he hasn't had his breakout dance? What about their chemistry? I think he and Karina have chemistry, not like Kelly and Val but there's something there. I could see some disappointment on Apolo's face. I feel bad. I also enjoyed Melissa and Tony's tango, good job.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie I'm not ignoring, I've been working a lot lately but will catch up with the DVR soon!

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Linda, I understand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: