AAR
Click here for full forums index
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 
Fifty Shades of Grey the Movie and Fun Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Here's a fun interview with EL James and the wonderful Marlo Thomas....


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marlo-thomas/fifty-shades-of-success_b_1923039.html


That was very good! I learned something I didn't know, that the first two books were just one long book and the 3rd book was added on later to introduce some conflict. Interesting!

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:


That was very good! I learned something I didn't know, that the first two books were just one long book and the 3rd book was added on later to introduce some conflict. Interesting!

Linda



I found that interesting too, but not surprising. At the point where the first book ends and the second one starts seems realistic.
I think this is one of the best interviews I've read with James. I love how Marlo, an intelligent and respected woman, gets the book. She sees the fun in it, so much that she and her friends report to one another when they've seen a Christian Grey on the street! LOL...I'm going to have to start doing the same. huh...I just don't see many men that fit the description. Well, maybe a few...
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2012/10/05/962251/fifty-shades-of-grey/?mobile=nc


An interesting article on filming sex scenes in TV and Hollywood film
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2012/10/05/962251/fifty-shades-of-grey/?mobile=nc


An interesting article on filming sex scenes in TV and Hollywood film


That was interesting and if I read correctly they are also going to make a movie out of Beautiful Disaster? That was a bit on the young side for me but they did classify it as YA. Could be interesting as a movie.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
xina wrote:
http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2012/10/05/962251/fifty-shades-of-grey/?mobile=nc


An interesting article on filming sex scenes in TV and Hollywood film


That was interesting and if I read correctly they are also going to make a movie out of Beautiful Disaster? That was a bit on the young side for me but they did classify it as YA. Could be interesting as a movie.

Linda



I haven't read Beautiful Disaster yet, but my daughter (24yrs. old) loved it and has encouraged me to read it. I think this author has a ton of fans and this book has been read, and loved, widely. I'll have to read the book before the movie comes out.
The article spoke about filming sex scenes and how many scenes were focused on the face instead of body parts. I'm hoping that they take this idea into the 50 Shades movie. So many are wondering how it can even be filmed, but when the focal point is the facial expression (most of the time) and the love story, I think it could work.
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[
I haven't read Beautiful Disaster yet, but my daughter (24yrs. old) loved it and has encouraged me to read it. I think this author has a ton of fans and this book has been read, and loved, widely. I'll have to read the book before the movie comes out.
The article spoke about filming sex scenes and how many scenes were focused on the face instead of body parts. I'm hoping that they take this idea into the 50 Shades movie. So many are wondering how it can even be filmed, but when the focal point is the facial expression (most of the time) and the love story, I think it could work.


Xina, I think so too, I always thought it was done well with 9 1/2 weeks so I don't see why Fifty can't be done.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judyblueeyes



Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Posts: 163
Location: Great Lakes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone still reading the Christian POV fanfic? I just read some over the weekend and had really step back. Well it was actually the Grace POV and the author had Grace going on and on about his mother really loving him etc etc. I just left my happy place and wanted to puke.

I volunteer and have close friends that work with kids that have/had parents like Christians and the REAL LIFE story of this kind of LOVE makes me so ill somedays. I know the fan fic author might not have a any exposure to the Reality of this so I do not blame them, but I just wondered did anyone else read it and feel it was so off the mark?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judyblueeyes wrote:
anyone still reading the Christian POV fanfic? I just read some over the weekend and had really step back. Well it was actually the Grace POV and the author had Grace going on and on about his mother really loving him etc etc. I just left my happy place and wanted to puke.

I volunteer and have close friends that work with kids that have/had parents like Christians and the REAL LIFE story of this kind of LOVE makes me so ill somedays. I know the fan fic author might not have a any exposure to the Reality of this so I do not blame them, but I just wondered did anyone else read it and feel it was so off the mark?


Judy, I am reading the Christian POV fanfic still and love it! I have not read the one from Grace's POV yet so I can't say.

Hey folks, a writer has been chosen!

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/50-shades-of-grey-writer-hired-universal/

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judyblueeyes



Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Posts: 163
Location: Great Lakes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are 3 chapters of the Gracie's POV. The link is on the left bar of the Christian page.

Regarding your movie post: Interesting I hadn't even thought of them doing 3 movies, I guess I just thought they would make it one complete story. But ok. I don't think I will be rushing out to the movies, I think I will just wait for the DVD (editors cut and unrated !!!!) Shocked maybe that should be the evil shooked smiley face!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judyblueeyes wrote:
I think there are 3 chapters of the Gracie's POV. The link is on the left bar of the Christian page.

Regarding your movie post: Interesting I hadn't even thought of them doing 3 movies, I guess I just thought they would make it one complete story. But ok. I don't think I will be rushing out to the movies, I think I will just wait for the DVD (editors cut and unrated !!!!) Shocked maybe that should be the evil shooked smiley face!!


Ok, I'll look for the link.

I've read before that they were doing it in three movies, I'll rush out for the first one for sure, that will determine whether I rush out for the next two, lol

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:



Judy, I am reading the Christian POV fanfic still and love it! I have not read the one from Grace's POV yet so I can't say.

Hey folks, a writer has been chosen!

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/50-shades-of-grey-writer-hired-universal/

Linda



I stopped reading the Christian POV, and I don't know why. I was really enjoying it! I'll get back to it.
As for the writer chosen...very exciting! Interesting, that a women was picked. And where did you hear that they were planning 3 movies? I don't know if I like that idea or not. Look what happened to One For The Money. I doubt we will see book 2 on the big screen.
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judyblueeyes



Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Posts: 163
Location: Great Lakes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Linda in sw va wrote:



Judy, I am reading the Christian POV fanfic still and love it! I have not read the one from Grace's POV yet so I can't say.

Hey folks, a writer has been chosen!

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/50-shades-of-grey-writer-hired-universal/

Linda


It was mentioned about 3 movies in the link Linda posted.
As for Christian POV, I really loved it when I first started reading and was so glad there were a number of chapters posted. And it was fun to read then grab my eReader and skim the book chapter to see how they worked together. But I kinda knew after it would were off for me after they were back together, so the beginning of book 2. I am still interested and I read 2 chapters this weekend and the one for Grace's POV which was about the party.
It was just the author had Grace going on about his mother loving and caring about him, which made me almost physically sick becaues someone in his mothers condition doesn't love anyone really they are so passed that emotion. Or maybe I am not putting that right, but love doesn't matter when a child is living like that. And the part that really makes me ill is that these children because they are so innocent, almost always love the parents, the kids just don't know how not too. And that in itself causes them more hurt. Sucks and I just didn't enjoy reading a feel good take on Christians mother caring for him while letting someone scar him and abuse him.



I stopped reading the Christian POV, and I don't know why. I was really enjoying it! I'll get back to it.
As for the writer chosen...very exciting! Interesting, that a women was picked. And where did you hear that they were planning 3 movies? I don't know if I like that idea or not. Look what happened to One For The Money. I doubt we will see book 2 on the big screen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:



I stopped reading the Christian POV, and I don't know why. I was really enjoying it! I'll get back to it.
As for the writer chosen...very exciting! Interesting, that a women was picked. And where did you hear that they were planning 3 movies? I don't know if I like that idea or not. Look what happened to One For The Money. I doubt we will see book 2 on the big screen.


Maybe because it's frustrating getting just a chapter at a time? I love the blog but it was better when I had so much catching up to do that I didn't have to wait for chapters at first. I don't know how the folks that regularly follow fan fiction do it.

I've read in several places that they're hoping for three movies, like Hunger Games and Twilight, each book getting its own. But if the first is not a success they probably will not want to spend money on more. The thing with One For the Money, I doubt I would want to watch another the first was so bad, lets hope that's not the case with Fifty.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy - I have t read the last chapter posted yet, is this the one you mean is written from Grace's POV? I thought you meant it was a different fan fiction entirely. I try to save up a few chapters and read them at once, the last I read Leila continued to evade their capture and Christian found out he'd been in the room while Ana slept. I so very much love how this author writes his point of view!

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lea AAR



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 415
Location: Oklahoma

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time to start a new thread if you want to continue with this discussion. I'll lock this one at 225 posts.

Thanks!
_________________
Lea AAR

Audiobooks Bookshelf at Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4403718
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group