AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is What My Romance Hero Would Look Like
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kim76

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's the vampire hero guy? It looks like Jonathan Rhys Meyers?
Ash

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope his name is matthias streitwieser, I never heard of him either before seeing this picture.
Nana

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always found Chen Chang, from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, to be stunning.

brwneyedbeauty

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across this actor while watching NCIS:LA- Scott Elrod. I've never seen him before, but I wish I had Wink

southplains

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one who still makes "hottest men" lists even after all these years. Those of you who are over 40 might recognize him; those who are younger might be surprised who he is. At any rate, aside from being an American icon, he's long been widely recognized as one of the most beautiful men in the world, and when I visualize a romance hero, I often picture this guy at this stage in his life.

Hopeless_Romantic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found another Italian hero-type actor from 'Dancing With the Stars' - I'd never seen him before, but he must be what some of the Harlequin writers have in their head when they write Mediterranean heroes. Wink

Enjoy!

Gilles Marini

This next one should have a warning like microwaves and cell phones. Laughing

pickyreader

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh....... I love this thread. What a wonderful idea. I've got so much to share! So bear with me!!!!!! I'm hoping you will find as much pleasure in viewing as I did!
I will be starting off a series of posts. Each one will feature the actor whom I believe perfectly captures the imagined appearance of the hero the novel describes. I've got a lot of combinations to cover:
1. dark hair, green/blue eyes
2. blonde hair, blue/green eyes
3. brown hair, brown eyes

Today:

Category 1. for me is: CLIVE OWEN

Look at those parted lips, that piercing gaze, the crinkles between his furrowed brows... don't you just want to reach out and smooth those creases away??

The fierce warrior. How many medieval romances have we read with that starring hero?
Look at that shimmer of sweat on his skin, the glistening locks of his hair, the strained look on his face... Don't you just want to grab a bow and arrow and fight by his side??
Susanna Kearsley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

southplains wrote:
Those of you who are over 40 might recognize him; those who are younger might be surprised who he is.

Well, I'm over 40, and I think that looks like a young Michael Landon. Am I right?
xina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopeless_Romantic wrote:
I found another Italian hero-type actor from 'Dancing With the Stars' - I'd never seen him before, but he must be what some of the Harlequin writers have in their head when they write Mediterranean heroes. Wink

Enjoy!

Gilles Marini

]

I first saw him in Sex and the City, years ago as Samantha's (of course) love interest. He is gorgeous, isn't he? He's actually French. I think his parents are Italian or Greek. He shows up again, in one of the Sex and the City movies in a *nice* shower scene. It's a pretty famous scene..for one reason or another. Smile
Lillian Sulivan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were watching Mongol and I told my friend that I thought Tadanobu Asano was awfully cute. She said that was weird, but I make an allowance that describing Genghis Khan as 'cute' does kinda rub the paradigms the wrong way.

Sometimes when I read contemporaries, I ignore the gratuitous character descriptions and imagine the hero and heroine look like some of the many different people in my life. Okay, this guys isn't, in fact, actually in my life in any way, but he's played the mental role of hero through a number of romances for me:

I recently finished pecking out another 80,000+ words of drivel and through it all, I imagined the hero looking like Andrej Pejic:

(Lilly - he looks like a girl.)
(Yeah, I know. It's sort of a quirky romance.)

Best,
Lilly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: