AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best deflowering scenes in romance novels???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoySmith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: what to read after fifty shades of grey Reply with quote

Anything by Nora Roberts is guaranteed to be good. Right now I'm reading His Every Desire by Emma Rose and it's worth a read as well (though it is a bit...descriptive like fifty shades of grey).
Cee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bijoux wrote:
Willa in Montana Sky was also a virgin. I can't really remember the scene itself but there was a good deal of lead up to the act.

That was my very first Nora Roberts (and one of my first romances) which I read at the tender age of 15, and the sex scenes had me blushing! I immediately proceeded to buy more romances... Laughing I still have great fondness for that book.
Eliza

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Monika on The Serpent Prince and Devil in Winter. I'm also with xina on the Jamie and Claire scene too. Along with Linda's quote, I also like two more by Jamie that night:

I said I was a virgin, not a monk.... If I find I need guidance, I'll ask.

And later on: Don't be afraid.... There's the two of us now.
Lynda X

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it is not literally the deflowering scene, it is the morning after which is described so well, so romantically by Eloisa James in her THE UGLY DUTCHESS. I loved all the love scenes (and that's what they are) in this book.
pickyreader

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say that I have a favourite deflowering scene but there are a few memorable ones that have stayed in my mind for different reasons... be it the hero's tenderness or the heroines gaucheness which added comic relief to a very intense moment.

I often find myself going back and rereading the scene in question in Pleasure for Pleasure by Eloisa James. I loved the way EJ handles the heroine's part in this. She makes it quite realistic (oh how I wish I could reveal a little more but I would spoil it!)

My Darling Caroline by Adele Ashworth is probably one of the best ones I've ever read mostly because the author does a wonderful job building up the moment and when it finally comes it is.. every virgin's dream.

In The Mad Bad Duke by Jennifer Ashley I have to say that the eagerness imposed on the h&H by the lovespell may make a reader assume that the scene would be handled badly and roughly but JA does a wonderful job balancing tenderness and desire.

What I find interesting is that sometimes we have plots where the hero thinks that his wife is a virgin but she is not:

In To Seduce a Sinner by Elizabeth Hoyt I found it refreshing to see what the heroine's point of view was after the wedding night when she compared it to her first time.
In The Changeling Bride by Lisa Cach (a wonderful time travel-paranormal novel) the modern heroine is thought a virgin by her 'historical' husband and is appalled when he finds out the truth.

And lastly in the novella I Will by Lisa Kleypas (SPOILER ALERT) there is an attempted deflowering scene initiated by... the HEROINE! It was fantastic! (Indeed it got the RITA award!!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: