AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Democracy in Danger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Democracy in Danger Reply with quote

This has had NO coverage in the newspapers I've read:
http://www.hightowerlowdown.org/node/3105
dick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Michiganers ought to study Hoffa's disappearance.
Tee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dick wrote:
Perhaps Michiganers ought to study Hoffa's disappearance.

For any Michiganian who is still alive and remembers the incident, that mysterious disappearance will probably fascinate us as long as we live. Especially here in the Detroit metro area, union shenanigans and the like were known problems. In fact, authorities are now acting on a tip as we speak to see if a Detroit suburban backyard harbors human remains that could be Hoffa's burial site. I think the rest of us feel he's fodder for a road that was in construction at the time and we'll not see him again. But who knows?

And, Mark, I've written a number of posts on Rick Snyder, governor of Michigan, in response to messages on other threads. He was elected by people who wanted a change from Democrat Jennifer Granholm, as if Granholm single handedly caused the crisis in Michigan (and elsewhere eventually). Anyone in the governor's seat at the time would have been blamed, Democrat or Republican. Snyder ran on a platform of promising many things; and much of what he said, people thought he really wouldn't do. Surprise--Snyder meant what he said and followed through. CEO all the way. Now these same voters want him out. Actually, as a Democrat, I didn't vote for him and would not again. But I have to say he's accomplished some things that have worked very well. As far as Detroit and some of the other cities mentioned where he's butting in, these cities are on the verge of collapse. Something had to be done. Was that the answer? I don't know. But police, fire protection, safety--all of these things were being eroded before our eyes for the people living in these particular places. Detroit is not yet under an emergency manager and resisting many things with Snyder; but their city council is a mess, as well as a lot of everything else. Dave Bing, the mayor, seems like an honest, upright person and I hope he prevails. But even if he does, I'm still not sure Detroit can survive without good leadership on the council. For goodness sakes, the people of Detroit would probably vote in Kilpatrick again and that man is criminal from the top of his head to his toes, along with his family and extended family and friends. I don't get it.

I was born and raised in Detroit and this is a very sad situation for us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> The Wild Wild West Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: