AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good bye, Anna Campbell - Forever!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bavarian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Good bye, Anna Campbell - Forever! Reply with quote

As I like most of Anna Campbell's books I was happy to read that she has a new one coming out in october.
But not for me! She has changed her publisher and now is with Forever. Forever don't sell their e-books in Germany! I'm quite angry about them for some time as other authors are affected by this policy too: Jill Shalvis with the Lucky Harbor series, Vicky Dreiling, Laurel McKee...
Why don't these authors protest? Does Forever pay so well that the foreign rights are not interesting any longer?
I know these restrictions are often written and discussed about. They show the reader that she doesn't have any rights just the one to pay for the books and be content with it. I really would like to know a way to punish these publishers!
willaful

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That truly sucks, and why publisher continue to shoot themselves in the foot this way I can't imagine.
Elizabeth Rolls

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you only read e-books, Bavarian? It's available at The Book Depository already and postage is free. Probably costs less than the e-version, too.

Obviously if you have a small apartment, or otherwise limited bookspace, this information is useless. But FWIW.

Best,

Elizabeth
bavarian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth Rolls wrote: Do you only read e-books, Bavarian?

My problems are my eyes. For some time now they give me problems. I have to read much at work - often with difficulty - and my eyes simply don't allow me any longer to read "my" romances as paperbacks with their usually small print. The e-books give me the possibility to read them in letters as big as I need them to put as little strain to my eyes as possible.
So You see for me it's e-books or nothing.

By the way, it's really annoying that I could buy the Forever books any time as paperbacks - but just not as e-books. Books by some publishers are available for my Kindle but not my Sony, and so on.
Elizabeth Rolls

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awful, Bavarian. I'd go crazy if I couldn't read. Let's hope they sort it out so you can keep reading whatever you like.

Elizabeth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: