AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Four Special Title Lists Open September 4, 2012

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Four Special Title Lists Open September 4, 2012 Reply with quote

Your top four Special Title Lists are now open for submission:

1. Marriages of Convenience
2. Favorite Funnies
3. Troubled Marriages
4. Beta Heroes

The lists will be open for new submissions until Sunday evening, September 16, 2012, at midnight.

To recommend new titles go to:

http://likesbooks.com/subcrit.html

To read about it at the news blog:

http://www.likesbooks.com/blog/?p=8789
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who has submitted a title for one of the four open lists so far. Just as a reminder, if a title you're submitting hasn't been reviewed at AAR, or received a grade of C+ or lower at AAR, please remember to include a sentence describing why it should be included and the name of another site where it received a positive review, if available.

Thanks!
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who has submitted a form so far for the four lists that are open. We've received a lot of great suggestions for additions to the Favorite Funnies and Beta Heroes Lists, but nowhere near as many for the Marriages of Convenience and Troubled Marriages Lists.

Not to worry, you still have over one week, until Sunday, September 16 around midnight to submit more suggestions. The form is at:

Keep those submissions coming!
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I got my suggested additions together, but I must say, I had a little trouble delineating between "Troubled Marriages" and "Marriages of Convenience" because so many of the forced or arranged or circumstantial marriages start out troubled! For that reason, maybe they belong in both categories? I don't know. I guess maybe troubled marriages should be left to those in which the couple enters the wedded state for love or with the best intentions but then it falls apart.
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandlynn wrote:
Okay, I got my suggested additions together, but I must say, I had a little trouble delineating between "Troubled Marriages" and "Marriages of Convenience" because so many of the forced or arranged or circumstantial marriages start out troubled! For that reason, maybe they belong in both categories? I don't know. I guess maybe troubled marriages should be left to those in which the couple enters the wedded state for love or with the best intentions but then it falls apart.

That's really interesting, Sandylynn, and something I hadn't thought about before.
library addict

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to make sure of something, all of the books already on the lists will remain on the lists, right? The submissions are for possible new additions only.
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

library addict wrote:
I just want to make sure of something, all of the books already on the lists will remain on the lists, right? The submissions are for possible new additions only.

That's correct, library addict, with a possible minor exception or two. While I was inserting the review grades into the revised HTML for one of the lists (sorry, can't remember which one), I discovered that a title listed as being written by an author (again, sorry, can't remember which one) didn't exist. I've flagged it and if I can't figure out which book it's supposed to be it will be removed. But other than obvious errors like that, what's on the lists will stay on the lists.
Nana

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will books on the list be removed if they don't meet the criteria we need for submission - a C+ or higher at AAR/ another site's positive review? Or do the books on the list already have those?
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nana wrote:
Will books on the list be removed if they don't meet the criteria we need for submission - a C+ or higher at AAR/ another site's positive review? Or do the books on the list already have those?

Nana, we're not touching the books that are already on the list unless we discover a clear mistake, such as a title an author never wrote, an author who doesn't exist, etc.
CindyS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had a wonderful response and we appreciate the time and energy you have all put into helping us update these categories.

So just a quick head's up that today is the last day to help us update 4 categories for the Special Titles Listing.

1. Marriages of Convenience
2. Favorite Funnies
3. Troubled Marriages
4. Beta Heroes

The lists will be open for new submissions until Sunday evening, September 16, 2012, at midnight.

To recommend new titles go to:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: