AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Ellen O'Connel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynda X

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: New Ellen O'Connel Reply with quote

I just read the arc of Ellen O'Connel's upcoming BEAUTIFUL BAD MAN. It's her best one yet!

It begins with the h&h as children in the west where the boy has been caught by the members of a wagon train, assuming that he's "a dirty thief," plan to hang him. The only one who prevents this is a little girl. The novel fast forwards to both of them, years later. Both have been knocked around by life badly, but both have hoped that the other one has gone on to great happiness, but both find out how wrong they have been. As with all of O'Connel's books, the hero is a brave, caring man, but in this case, he thinks of himself as someone bad (although he does not overdo it). One of the things I really liked about this book is that, unlike O'Connel's other books, the h&h are not separated for a long stretch--in fact, not at all.

With any luck, BEAUTIFUL BAD MAN will be coming out in September.

Here's an excerpt, with the title. I think you'll like it.

http://www.oconnellauthor.com/bad-man.php
Eggletina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up. I like her books, so am looking forward to it.
Jessi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't know she was so close to releasing another book. Thanks for the heads up - I can't wait!
MEK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news. I've enjoyed all of hers so much, and Dancing On Coals was...sublime.
PegS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh nice! Thanks for the heads up.
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is another writer of ebooks of whom some (well all) are among the best I've ever read in a genre I love. An author I would never have tried if I hadn't started reading ebook.

I hope you are right and it does come out in September. Last years books she wrote figured heavily in my voting in the annual polls.
patricia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is simply amazing. She has become my favorite author. So creative....so fresh...I keep wondering how her mind works. Obviously, extremely well.

Life is not measured by the breaths we take.....but by the moments that take our breath away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: