AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some excellent E-Authors I've found
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Some excellent E-Authors I've found Reply with quote

Because I refuse to buy ebooks that are the same price or in many cases more than print books and at least 95% of my reading is now done on my IPad, my reading has undergone drastic alterations lately. And since my reading world turned topsy turvy since I discovered the world of ereading, here are some I've thoroughly enjoyed:

Ellen O'Connell - She has written some of the best Western Romance I've ever read. Her books are wonderful!

Darlene Marshall - I finished Castaway Dreams a short while ago and can see why it was a DIK here. I've read a couple of of her other books and have more in the TBR pile. She has some great seafaring type stories

Felicity Heaton - I haven't tried her other series, but I've read just about all her Lyra books and loved 'em all. Although only novellas, I was most impressed with how well she did her world building in these shorter style Sci-Fi romance books.

Dee Tenorio has written some wonderful contemporary books.

I'm very excited about Ruthie Knox. I read both of her releases and loved them both and can hardly wait for her next one.

R.L. Mathewson - the one that got me (and others *g*) thinking about this has been a very nice find. I've read two of her books now and enjoyed both of them. And the price can't be beat.

There are more I know - but those are the ones that come to mind first. Any else have e-authors they have enjoyed?
willaful

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruthie Knox (contemporary with some angst), Susanna Fraser (historical), Joanna Chambers (Tumperkin) (historical), Harper Fox, Ava March (historical), J.L. Merrow. (The last 3 write m/m)

Last edited by willaful on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
erika

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindsay Delagair, Kristin Ashley, Caitlyn Duffy(YA), Lynda Chance(she writes alpha heroes) and ofcourse EL James before she found a publisher and increased the ebook prices

eta

J.M. Darhower
Danielle D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discovered:

Darcy Burke

Cat Johnson

Meg Benjamin

Shannon Stacey (who's ebooks are now avaible in print)

Adrienne Giordano

just to name a few.

So many books, so little time

http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/DanniD?ref=profile
http://www.shelfari.com/dani807

Now a Lady of Leisure
Mark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please include at least one line describing what each author usually writes (if there is any standard). E.g., humorous contemporary, angsty historical, edgy romantic suspense, fantasy, futuristic, etc.
I now mostly buy ebooks, but my selection bias is for romances with humor. Just hearing that an author is good isn't enough without knowing good at what.
Minerva

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the recs.

Thanks to inexpensive ebooks, I've been branching out and trying new genres (paranormal, steampunk). I'm more likely to buy something on impluse if it is $1.99 or so.
Kayne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Midnight Scandals Reply with quote

I am enjoying trying some new authors so thanks for the recs. I just downloaded a new historical anthology for $3.99 called Midnight Scandals by Courtney Milan, Carolyn Jewel and Sherry Thomas. (This turned out to be a let down.)
Kayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: ebooks Reply with quote

Some of my favorite e-novellas have been released by authors many related to new books set to be released, for ex. Kate Nobleís The Dress of the Season, Eloisa Jamesí A Fool Again and Winning the Wallflower, The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan, Emma Wildes The Third Dukeís the Charm (let down), Elizabeth Hoytís Clever John and The Ice Princess, Tessa Dareís Once Upon a Winterís Eve.

Are there any others either contemporary or historicals you can think of to recommend like this? Thanks.
Kayne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: ebooks Reply with quote

Just finished a nice e-novella, Married by Midnight by Julianne MacLean for $2.99. It was released last July but I just discovered it.
pwm in mi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlotte Stein-Deep Desires-
Wow. This is an romantica novella that wrapped itself around my heart and sqeezed. On another site, this was suggested as a story about two very lonely people who find each other. Granted they find each other in a rather offbeat way (they are neighbors who live across each other in a court yard, voyeurism and exhibitionism ensues), but my gosh, the emotional intensity of this little story packs a punch. $1.99 on amazon.
MrsFairfax

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone here hasn't read Marianna by Susanna Kearsley, it's the Kindle Deal of the Day today (10/9)
pwm in mi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsFairfax wrote:
If anyone here hasn't read Marianna by Susanna Kearsley, it's the Kindle Deal of the Day today (10/9)

I was wondering about this book. I read The Rose Garden and loved it. Have you read Marianna? What did you think?
pwm in mi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this on the recently read thread, but since this is an ebook and so cheap, I decided to repost here.

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
This is a contemporary set in Edinburgh, Scotland. Jocelyn is a 22 yr. old American who lost her family at age 15. She relocated to Scotland, her mother's homeland to attend university and now is her home. To cope with her staggering loss she does not allow herself to attach in relationships, save one college chum, who does not know the details of her history. After moving into a new apartment, she meets Braden, her roommates brother. Instant attraction ensues and Joss battles her desire to explore this attraction/relationship as well as her growing friendship with her roommate.
I really enjoyed this story. It is told in first person and the reader gets clear insight into Jocelyn's terrifying struggle to form relationships. The author does a nice job contrast the heroines struggle with her innate desire to attach to both Braden and her earnest/ emotionally open roommate, and the intense fear of losing anyone she lets herself care about.
$2.99 at amazon.
P.S. Edinburgh is now on the must visit list!
LeeB.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pwm in mi wrote:
MrsFairfax wrote:

I was wondering about this book. I read The Rose Garden and loved it. Have you read Marianna? What did you think?

Mariana was the first book I read by Susanna Kearsley, and even though I've read all her other books since then, it is still my favorite.
pwm in mi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeB. wrote:
pwm in mi wrote:
MrsFairfax wrote:

Mariana was the first book I read by Susanna Kearsley, and even though I've read all her other books since then, it is still my favorite.

Thanks for responding Smile I ended up buying it, as for $1 you can't go wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: