AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DWTS All Stars!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: DWTS All Stars! Reply with quote

Partners announced today, I'm excited to watch! They haven't yet announced the additional celeb that I'm aware of, I've been voting for Carson every day.

Reality star Bristol Palin will once again dance her season 11 partner Mark Ballas.

Olympic gymnast and past "Dancing" winner Shawn Johnson, who moved with Ballas in season eight, will dance with Derek Hough.

For actress Kirstie Alley, all-stars will offer a second chance with her season-12 partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy.

Retired NFL running back Emmitt Smith, who danced with Cheryl Burke in season three, will dance with her again.

Actor Gilles Marini danced with Burke in season eight, and now he'll try for the mirror-ball trophy with Peta Murgatroyd.

When actor and singer Drew Lachey danced, and won, in season two, he also did so with pro Burke. This time he'll move alongside Anna Trebunskaya.

The first time actress Pamela Anderson participated in the competition, back in season 10, she danced with pro Damian Whitewood. This time she'll dance with Tristan MacManus.

Olympic speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno won with past pro Julianne Hough in season four, but he'll perform with Karina Smirnoff in all-stars.

Indy 500 champ Helio Castroneves took top honors with Hough in season five. He'll try for a repeat with Chelsie Hightower.

Actor and 'N Sync member Joey Fatone will dance with his season-four partner Kym Johnson.

Actress Kelly Monaco won with pro Alec Mazo is "Dancing's" first season. She'll dance with Val Chmerkokvskiy for all-stars.

In season eight, Melissa Rycroft danced with pro Tony Dovolani. She'll do the same for all-stars.

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, I'm excited to watch too and hoping Carson is the winner to come back. He will definitely make the show more entertaining. I have this feeling he'll win, although Kyle Massey is pretty likeable and popular too.

I'm very curious to see Kelly Monoco dance. She was the very first winner - and I wonder if the past winners still remember how to dance. Apolo was one of my favs so I'm looking forward to seeing him, Guilles too. It's going to be fun.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, did you watch the first season? I felt so bad for Kelly. She won and then John O'Hurley was such a poor loser, he whined about the phone lines, about the voting, how he really wanted to win boo hoo, so they had a 2nd dance off in which Kelly looked like she was positively seething all the way through. They declared him the winner of that one, it was such a disaster they never did another one of those dance offs again. I'm surprised they got her to go on again.

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, yes I saw the first show and John Hurley was a sore loser. I didn't think it was right or fair to Kelly. They should not have had the dance off. It's nice to see her back, hope she gets far.

I see that Emitt Smith is back, I was one of those people who thought Mario should have won over Emitt. I would have loved to see Mario back, on well

Besides Carson, do you have a fav that you would like to see win or even get far?
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch a lot of the last two seasons, I found them so disappointing. But I'm looking forward to this season. I really liked Apollo in his season, so he'll be one of my favorites.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
Linda, yes I saw the first show and John Hurley was a sore loser. I didn't think it was right or fair to Kelly. They should not have had the dance off. It's nice to see her back, hope she gets far.

I see that Emitt Smith is back, I was one of those people who thought Mario should have won over Emitt. I would have loved to see Mario back, on well

Besides Carson, do you have a fav that you would like to see win or even get far?

Mario was a better dancer but Emitt was good and the football pros have a huge voting base. Let's see my favorites are Melissa Roycroft, Gilles Marini. Also Apolo and Shawn were very enjoyable their seasons, the athletes have a terrific work ethic.

That first season ruined John O'Hurley for me, I used to think he was funny but now I just think he's a big baby.

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, I like Melissa Raycroft (sp?) too. She's a good dancer, I was rooting for her in her season. The football players sure do have a huge fan base, they either win or get pretty far.

I don't know how you feel about Kirstie Alley, but she will be interesting to watch again. I liked her, I know a lot of people didn't. She and Max were good partners.
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
Linda, I like Melissa Raycroft (sp?) too. She's a good dancer, I was rooting for her in her season.

I really liked Melissa in her season as well and was rooting for her to win. She's a good dancer.
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda, I heard today that Sabrina Bryan was the winner to come back to All star DWTS. I do like Sabrina and did think that she was voted off way too soon in her season but I mut admit I was somewhat disappointed that Carson was not the winner. He is so much fun and would definitely entertain us. I still can't believe he didn't get the votes - I thought he was pretty popular.

Anyway, I cannot wait for it to start - it should be good.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
Hi Linda, I heard today that Sabrina Bryan was the winner to come back to All star DWTS. I do like Sabrina and did think that she was voted off way too soon in her season but I mut admit I was somewhat disappointed that Carson was not the winner. He is so much fun and would definitely entertain us. I still can't believe he didn't get the votes - I thought he was pretty popular.

Anyway, I cannot wait for it to start - it should be good.

I'm really surprised Sabrina won, actually I don't even remember her. I thought sure it would be Kyle or Carson. I am glad that it means that Louis will be back to partner though, I think he's a great guy.

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: