AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

True Blood Season 5----Anyone watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww...the glamouring scene between Hoyt and Jessica and Jason. So heartbreaking. Sad
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Awwww...the glamouring scene between Hoyt and Jessica and Jason. So heartbreaking. Sad

I know! *sniff!* Last night's was a good ep though, this season has been so enjoyable! Bill is an idiot though, I want to see Eric slap some sense into him. So do you think that Nora finally gets it?

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
xina wrote:

I know! *sniff!* Last night's was a good ep though, this season has been so enjoyable! Bill is an idiot though, I want to see Eric slap some sense into him. So do you think that Nora finally gets it?

Linda

Agree...it was a great episode, but no Alcide!! Sad
Bill is an idiot. I love the way Jessica related "the book" to her parents always making her read the Bible.
Do you mean does Nora get that it's all fake? I don't know. I'm anxious to see where all this is leading. Something tells me it's going to be a bang up finale. Always is......
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[Agree...it was a great episode, but no Alcide!! Sad
Bill is an idiot. I love the way Jessica related "the book" to her parents always making her read the Bible.
Do you mean does Nora get that it's all fake? I don't know. I'm anxious to see where all this is leading. Something tells me it's going to be a bang up finale. Always is......

Yeah, I can't tell if once she saw Godric it opened her eyes, her expressions after didn't give anything away. I'm certain Eric is faking it though!

Considering Jessica's background I agree that it was fitting that she compared the two books in this way. She's not going to fall for anything easily, unlike Bill the dummy, I am so irritated with him... Evil or Very Mad lol

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

Yeah, I can't tell if once she saw Godric it opened her eyes, her expressions after didn't give anything away. I'm certain Eric is faking it though!

Considering Jessica's background I agree that it was fitting that she compared the two books in this way. She's not going to fall for anything easily, unlike Bill the dummy, I am so irritated with him... Evil or Very Mad lol

Linda

Yes, Eric is faking. I'm thinking that Nora...her days are numbered. I'm liking how Pam seems to be so protective of Tara. I am not a fan, but she seems to be Pam's problem child and I love how Pam is showing her "mothering" *ahem* side..lol
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[Yes, Eric is faking. I'm thinking that Nora...her days are numbered. I'm liking how Pam seems to be so protective of Tara. I am not a fan, but she seems to be Pam's problem child and I love how Pam is showing her "mothering" *ahem* side..lol

Yeah Nora probably isn't going to last past this season. I love that Tara is going to fight back, hell yes! But poor Ginger, she gets the worst of everything. I'm assuming Tara glamored her to stake him? She's always screaming when she 'wakes up' from one of those glamors, lol

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

Yeah Nora probably isn't going to last past this season. I love that Tara is going to fight back, hell yes! But poor Ginger, she gets the worst of everything. I'm assuming Tara glamored her to stake him? She's always screaming when she 'wakes up' from one of those glamors, lol

Linda

I'm pretty sure Nora will be gone after this season. Ginger...she will be around for every season! Tara is a fighter. I've been so sick of her from time to time, but I don't mind her this season. The writers just keep her around. I wonder if she's married to one of them? lol!
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole Bill and Eric bit has me confused. I'm not sure what is going on there- they seem to be exchanging significant looks a great deal or is that my imagination? And what was going on with Bill in the "control room?" Did he have a way to manipulate what Eric and his sister were seeing? Could his "double cross" have been a ploy he and Eric arranged?

I personally think the show has been hitting the viewers off the head with their whole "Vampire Bible Vampires are like conservative Christians" analogy. When Jess made the comparison I was thinking "Oh yeah let's spell it all out in case someone watching didn't make the connection that all the arguments being made against the VB are really also about strict interpretations of the Bible." Religion of any sort never seems to get presented in a very positive fashion on True Blood be it supernatural or otherwise. It's always vengeful Wiccans, hypocritical preachers like Tara's Mom's husband or Steve Newlin or now Vampire "conservatives."

I found Jason's scenes with Hoyt heartbreaking. I kept thinking Jess would just cancel Hoyt's memories of her as a sacrifice so he would stay and Jason and he could be friends again. I'm sorry to see Hoyt leave and wonder if he is really being written off the show. It's nice to have some "normal" humans in the Bon Temps mix and I wish he had been able to handle the Jess/Jason thing better. This season just has not felt like Hoyt.

Don't know how the Warlow thing is going to shake out- obviously it's being set up for next season. If the contract goes back to 1702 at least it probably clears Bill who isn't in the vamp world until the 1860's. Maybe Eric will factor into it.

I guess we know now what the Fairy lady wanted with Sheriff Andy!
xina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisReader wrote:
This whole Bill and Eric bit has me confused. I'm not sure what is going on there- they seem to be exchanging significant looks a great deal or is that my imagination? And what was going on with Bill in the "control room?" Did he have a way to manipulate what Eric and his sister were seeing? Could his "double cross" have been a ploy he and Eric arranged?

I found Jason's scenes with Hoyt heartbreaking. I kept thinking Jess would just cancel Hoyt's memories of her as a sacrifice so he would stay and Jason and he could be friends again. I'm sorry to see Hoyt leave and wonder if he is really being written off the show. It's nice to have some "normal" humans in the Bon Temps mix and I wish he had been able to handle the Jess/Jason thing better. This season just has not felt like Hoyt.

Don't know how the Warlow thing is going to shake out- obviously it's being set up for next season. If the contract goes back to 1702 at least it probably clears Bill who isn't in the vamp world until the 1860's. Maybe Eric will factor into it.

I guess we know now what the Fairy lady wanted with Sheriff Andy!

I've noticed those knowing looks too between Eric and Bill too. From the start, I thought Bill was in on a plan with Eric. I really hope I'm right in this.

As for the Hoyt's character. I'm pretty sure I saw the actor in an ad for an upcoming show in the Fall. Not sure. I'll have to look that up.

And I have no idea where the Warlow thing is going. With only 2 shows left, I would think that would be the cliff hanger at season end. Could be wrong.

Sometimes, I wish this show had followed the books more closely. What a concept to actually say...oh, I've read the book and I know what is going to happen. Not so much with True Blood. Love it anyway!
xina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice that Eric and Nora made up, but I have a sinking feeling her days are numbered.
How in the world are they going to wrap all this up in the finale next Sunday?
Russell and the fairies? Thoughts??
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
It's nice that Eric and Nora made up, but I have a sinking feeling her days are numbered.

Haven't watched this yet, going to catch up tonight!

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:

OMG what an episode!! I love that Nora and Eric are all made up and damn he looked good making up with her didn't he, lol.

Bill you ass! *censored*!

I think the fairies are going to kick Russell Edgington butt, however, I don't see how they can do all that and also resolve the baby/Andy storyline. Something for next season maybe?

Tara has sure grown on me this season, I guess I like her better as a vampire, haha

Love Pam and Jessica as always!

Alcide shirtless swinging an axe. *fans myself* Smile

Bill you ass!

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

OMG what an episode!! I love that Nora and Eric are all made up and damn he looked good making up with her didn't he, lol.

Bill you ass! *censored*!

I think the fairies are going to kick Russell Edgington butt, however, I don't see how they can do all that and also resolve the baby/Andy storyline. Something for next season maybe?

Tara has sure grown on me this season, I guess I like her better as a vampire, haha

Love Pam and Jessica as always!

Alcide shirtless swinging an axe. *fans myself* Smile

Bill you ass!

Linda

I loved Eric's questioning look when Nora entered the room. So unlike a big bad vampire. And yes...he looked very good.

Bill is such an ass! I thought he had an agenda, but not anymore, completely lost.

I think the farie thing is going to include Warlow getting rid of Russell, since Sookie was promised to him. Otherwise, what will they do with that character?? I could be wrong. (probably am...)

Pam took the hit for Tara. Very parent-like and loyal. And Tara seems to have a crush on Pam. I wonder where this is leading.
I love Jessica. I hadn't before this season.

Yes...Alcide chopping wood without a shirt. *what can I say* I love the way Alcide is usually featured without a shirt. They have our number.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
I loved Eric's questioning look when Nora entered the room. So unlike a big bad vampire. And yes...he looked very good.

Bill is such an ass! I thought he had an agenda, but not anymore, completely lost.

I think the farie thing is going to include Warlow getting rid of Russell, since Sookie was promised to him. Otherwise, what will they do with that character?? I could be wrong. (probably am...)

Pam took the hit for Tara. Very parent-like and loyal. And Tara seems to have a crush on Pam. I wonder where this is leading.
I love Jessica. I hadn't before this season.

Yes...Alcide chopping wood without a shirt. *what can I say* I love the way Alcide is usually featured without a shirt. They have our number.

Xina, very good point about the possibility of Warlow stepping in to save Sookie! I didn't even consider that angle. Yeah that would make sense, he's supposed to be very powerful. I've heard that this was shot wile Ana Paquin was showing with her pregnancy and that's what we had just a lot of head shots mainly of Sookie.

Pam is turning out to be a good maker and Tara couldn't have stood up and taken the blame if she wanted because Pam had thrown down the I am your maker command not to discuss it. I do wonder what kind of relationship they are going to go for with them, I do hope it's just as friends maker/makee and not anything sexual.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

Xina, very good point about the possibility of Warlow stepping in to save Sookie! I didn't even consider that angle. Yeah that would make sense, he's supposed to be very powerful. I've heard that this was shot wile Ana Paquin was showing with her pregnancy and that's what we had just a lot of head shots mainly of Sookie.

Pam is turning out to be a good maker and Tara couldn't have stood up and taken the blame if she wanted because Pam had thrown down the I am your maker command not to discuss it. I do wonder what kind of relationship they are going to go for with them, I do hope it's just as friends maker/makee and not anything sexual.

Linda

Yes, she wore lots of baggy clothing this season. Unlike Sookie wearing those tight tees and short shorts! In one scene she wore those baggy PJ's , and last week she wore that poofy pink dress with the faires. (I think it was pink) Also, her face is fuller than usual.
I'm probably wrong about the Warlow character. I always try to predict, and mostly, I get it wrong. I just know that they will have to bring in that character in the finale...right? I'm thinking he'll take her. Who knows???

Looks like they are going for the sexual. Who knows?

I loved that comment Pam made about Baby Vamps. I can't remember exactly, but it was funny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: