AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for books like.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Looking for books like..... Reply with quote

I'm trying to find young adult and mature adult romance books. Were there in high school and/or college. I want books like The vincent brother and the moreno brothers.

Romance books were the guy is mean to the woman/girl. Like he makes a bet about her, spread rumors, makes fun of her. He learns he made a mistake and they fall in love.

Romance books were the girl is a tomboy that likes to work on cars.

Let me know if anyone can think of any books with these themes in them. Thanks!!
LordRose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlocked by Courtney Milan (a novella), which is currently free on Amazon, is one where the hero was mean to the heroine.
Islandgirl2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LordRose wrote:
Unlocked by Courtney Milan (a novella), which is currently free on Amazon, is one where the hero was mean to the heroine.

Really! I just paid for it like a month ago. lol Well at least it was .99 so I can't really complain. It was cute. My second Courtney Milan.

I too love these themes so if any other suggestions are available I'd like to chime in and ask for recommendations.
Natalie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like historicals, I'd recommend Lady Gallant, Suzanne Robinson - even though the hero saves the girl he's mean to her for a while. And then even meaner when he thinks she's betrayed his family. This all results in the best groveling scenes in the romance Laughing
xina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natalie wrote:
If you like historicals, I'd recommend Lady Gallant, Suzanne Robinson - even though the hero saves the girl he's mean to her for a while. And then even meaner when he thinks she's betrayed his family. This all results in the best groveling scenes in the romance Laughing

Yes, I agree Natalie. I was going to recommend Lady Gallant. Very nice pay off in the end. Worth it all.
3girlsofmyown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing Dirty by Susan Andersen

It's the 3rd in a series, but I don't think you need to read the first 2 to understand the 3rd.

When high school golden boy Cade Gallari publicly revealed he’d slept with “fat girl” Ava Spencer to win a bet, he broke her heart. Now a decade older and a head-turner with her own concierge business, Ava isn’t the gullible dreamer she once was—and she plans to prove it when Cade, hotter than ever, breezes back into town with an offer she can’t refuse.

A documentary film producer, Cade is shooting a movie about the mysterious mansion Ava inherited. And he wants her as his personal concierge. She’s certainly professional enough to be at his beck and call without giving him everything he wants. Like another shot at having her in his bed. But Ava doesn’t count on Cade’s determination. Because he’s never gotten over her. And he’s not above playing dirty to score a second chance at a red-hot future…
Trish B

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for books like..... Reply with quote

Christy wrote:

Start Me Up by Victoria Dahl has this theme.
Christy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. If ya'll know of anymore let me know.
Also I was wondering if anyone has read books by Savannah J. Frierson. Does anyone know of any books that are similar to the ones she writes, I would like to find more like them. Thanks!!!
LFL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read Being Plumville by Frierson. I'm not sure what you mean by similar, but No Crystal Stair by Eva Rutland also features African American characters and is set during the Civil Rights movement (it starts during World War II and ends in the seventies). For what it's worth, I liked the Rutland more than the Frierson.
lorif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for books like..... Reply with quote

Christy wrote:

Romance books were the guy is mean to the woman/girl. Like he makes a bet about her, spread rumors, makes fun of her. He learns he made a mistake and they fall in love.

Let me know if anyone can think of any books with these themes in them. Thanks!!

for the mechanic theme, this is a short read: All Revved Up (Wicked Reads #2) by Sylvia Day

For the betting theme, there is always Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie. He isn't mean, but there is the misunderstanding etc and it is based on a bet.

Happy reading!
Ellafrank30

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: College/high school romances Reply with quote

Some good ones that I have read that you may enjoy is,

Preservation, By Rachel Wade
Easy, By Tamarra Webber
The Opportunist, By Tarryn Fischer
Beautiful Disaster

Ok I know I spelt an author or two wrong there...but all of these books were great!!!!!!

Very Happy

Plus and this is not a mean hero at all but it is an AMAZING series and I have to mention it SLAMMED and POINT OF RETREAT by Colleen Hoover, best books I have read this year, set with high school and college age love interest...READ IT you will fall in love!!!!! Everyone needs to read it Smile
Christy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought alot of the books and have samples on my kindle that I'm reading through. The books are really good that everyone has recomended. For everyone that likes young adult romances these are two good books "jocelyn's choice' by Ella Jade and "On the island" by Tracey Graves.
cheri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaffney's To have and to hold fits your mean hero. Mary Spencer has a trilogy of books based on wagering regarding the heroines. The Dark Wager in this trilogy also feature a mean hero.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: