AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with a title

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liz01

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Need help with a title Reply with quote

Hello all,

I've been a lurker for a long time, but this is my first post here. Apologies in advance for any grammar mistakes, but English is not my first language.

I can't remember the title of a book, and it's driving me nuts. I don't remember much about it, I know it was an historical and I think the hero was a Highlander. In the scene that sticks in my mind, the H and the h are at the dinner table, I think they are recently married. She's allergic to something that's in her food and stops eating, but since they're angry with each other, he thinks she's being stubborn and orders her to keep eating (he doen't know about the allergy). She is so miffed that she obeys in spite of her servant's protests, and has a strong allergic reaction.

I hope someone can give me a clue! Very Happy
xina

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this be a Julie Garwood title?
maryskl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with a title Reply with quote

liz01 wrote:
Hello all,

I've been a lurker for a long time, but this is my first post here. Apologies in advance for any grammar mistakes, but English is not my first language.

I can't remember the title of a book, and it's driving me nuts. I don't remember much about it, I know it was an historical and I think the hero was a Highlander. In the scene that sticks in my mind, the H and the h are at the dinner table, I think they are recently married. She's allergic to something that's in her food and stops eating, but since they're angry with each other, he thinks she's being stubborn and orders her to keep eating (he doen't know about the allergy). She is so miffed that she obeys in spite of her servant's protests, and has a strong allergic reaction.

I hope someone can give me a clue! Very Happy

I have read this book too, but I cannot remember the title either! I hope some one comes up with it.
liz01

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm almost sure it's not a Julie Garwood title. Her historicals are among my favorites, but I think I read this book more recently.
JulieR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I've read this, too, and in my memory it was in a medieval. Could it be a Lynsay Sands?
Ash

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This scene seems familiar, The title "Taming The Highland Bride" by Lynsay Sands comes to mind but not sure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: