AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Danelle Harmon's de Montforte's & coming out retirement!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KarLynP

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Danelle Harmon's de Montforte's & coming out retirement! Reply with quote

I read and loved the de Montforte series years ago, but was surprised to find out the author decided to walk away in her career prime and retire. While I certainly understand the need she faced, I felt the industry lost a great author.

She finally updated her website (since 2003?) and not only did she release the de Montforte series in ebook format, she's coming out of retirement! She will write Nerissa and Perry's story. I am halfway through a re-read of 'The Wicked One' by Danelle Harmon, and it is just as good as I remembered.
Very Happy Very Happy
Natalie

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally! I really loved those books (and a few others of hers I read).

I was checking her website but gave up all hope after a while due to the lack of new. I'm happy she's coming back.
PamelaM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never read this author, but I am always looking for something new. Can the books in the series be read as stand-alones? Any specific recommendations?

Thanks!
Danielle D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Danelle Harmon's de Montforte's & coming out retirem Reply with quote

KarLynP wrote:
I read and loved the de Montforte series years ago, but was surprised to find out the author decided to walk away in her career prime and retire. While I certainly understand the need she faced, I felt the industry lost a great author.

She finally updated her website (since 2003?) and not only did she release the de Montforte series in ebook format, she's coming out of retirement! She will write Nerissa and Perry's story. I am halfway through a re-read of 'The Wicked One' by Danelle Harmon, and it is just as good as I remembered.
Very Happy Very Happy

OMG!! You just made my day! I love her books and I can't believe she is coming out retirement.

So many books, so little time

http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/DanniD?ref=profile
http://www.shelfari.com/dani807

Now a Lady of Leisure
Jane A

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PamelaM wrote:
I never read this author, but I am always looking for something new. Can the books in the series be read as stand-alones? Any specific recommendations?

Thanks!

IIRC they can be read as standalone, but it might be best to read in order as some events happen (especially in the first one) that influence events in the next book.

I saw that these were released and I was excited, too! She's one author who I mentioned wanting ebooks from in an earlier post discussing this issue.
Sterling_95

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAAAAAY!!!! Thank you so much for the news. Danelle Harmon's de Montforte quartet has been on my keeper shelf since I first read them and I'm so excited to hear this. Given the length of her hiatus, and how everything seemed to be tied up at the end of The Wicked One, I'd given up hope that she'd write Nerissa's story.

Is there a working title? The rest all have "The __ one" in their titles, so what will Nerissa's title be? From what I remember, she was like a hybrid of Lucien and Gareth, and no particular adjective is coming to mind. The Female One? The Last One?

Danielle D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have to find this series and reread them before her new book comes out!

So many books, so little time

http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/DanniD?ref=profile
http://www.shelfari.com/dani807

Now a Lady of Leisure
xina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Danelle Harmon's de Montforte's & coming out retirem Reply with quote

KarLynP wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy

I loved those books. Great news they are available in ebook. I'll be reading them again. Such fun. One question...can't remember who Nerissa and Perry are. Can you remind me? Thanks!
Ash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Danelle Harmon's de Montforte's & coming out retirem Reply with quote

xina wrote:
can't remember who Nerissa and Perry are. Can you remind me? Thanks!

Nerissa is the sister of our beloved De Montforde heroes and Perry is Gareth's best friend. Smile
xina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Danelle Harmon's de Montforte's & coming out retirem Reply with quote

Ash wrote:
xina wrote:
can't remember who Nerissa and Perry are. Can you remind me? Thanks!

Nerissa is the sister of our beloved De Montforde heroes and Perry is Gareth's best friend. Smile

Thank-you for reminding me! Can't wait for that book. Time for a reread of all the books. Gah...what a hardship. LOL...I loved them, so..fun!
Kaia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm the series order? I'm having trouble differentiating on the amazon mobile site.
Ash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaia wrote:
Can anyone confirm the series order? I'm having trouble differentiating on the amazon mobile site.

I think its:
The Wild One
The Beloved One
The Defiant One
The Wicked One
PWNN

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it necessary to any characters or story lines to read the series in order? If not which would be the one book from the series you'd recommend to a new reader?
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PWNN wrote:
Is it necessary to any characters or story lines to read the series in order? If not which would be the one book from the series you'd recommend to a new reader?

I just read this series after seeing it discussed here and loved it! I think you could read these as stand-alone's but you would be missing a whole lot IMHO especially w/Lucien's character. And each book ends with a pretty substantial teaser for the next book. It is really hard to pick a favorite as they are all so good. Each of the brothers is unique and ends up with the perfect mate even though it may not seem like it at first. I give the series a solid "A" and highly recommend it.
BRN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moderator, Lea, keeps deleting my posts stating that I've got an interview up with Danelle now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: