AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-Book Bargains - Coupons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maryskl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosie wrote:
Jane A wrote:
Jennifer Haymore's Confessions of an Improper Bride is $2.99 at Amazon, B&N, Kobo, etc.

I wonder if anyone has read this book or has an opinion about Haymore? I wasn't interested in her first book with that messy love triangle, and haven't looked at her since. I am wondering if she's worth a try at this price.

I could barely finish that book. I don't think I liked any of the characters and I hated the way it ended. Spoiler: Everyone besides those closest to her still think she's her dead twin. She continues to live a lie. I haven't read the next books in the series and don't plan to.

I could not even finish it (and I gave it the old college try).
Jane A

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, thanks everyone Re: Jennifer Haymore. I read very few "Avon type" authors anymore and sometimes I wonder if I'm missing anything. Apparently not.
Jane A

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie Garwood's Castles is available on Amazon for .01. I doubt that will last for long!
PWNN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Calls the Heart by Janette Oke: FREE at B&N and Amazon

Quote:
Nothing in her cultured East Coast upbringing prepared Elizabeth for a teaching position on the Canadian frontier. Yet, despite the constant hardships, she loves the children in her care. Determined to do the best job she can and fighting to survive the harsh land, Elizabeth is surprised to find her heart softening towards a certain member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Book 1 of the bestselling Canadian West series. (Inspirational Romance)

A Most Unusual Governess by Amanda Grange: FREE on Amazon

Quote:
A Regency Romance. Tenth Anniversary Edition

When poverty forces Sarah Davenport to take up a position as a governess, she is warned that Lord Randall is arrogant and overbearing. But no one warns her that he is also devastatingly handsome and that she will find herself falling in love with him. Or that, when danger threatens, she will find herself having to trust him.

Lady in Waiting by Denise Domning: FREE on Amazon (looks DRM Free)

Quote:
From Library Journal

Departing from the medieval settings of her earlier books, Domning has written a compelling tale that brings the Elizabethan Renaissance to life with startling clarity. She deftly peels away the layers of treachery and intrigue that surround the glittering royal court to expose the self-interest and corruption hidden beneath. A naive, reluctant heiress out to find a suitable husband and a guilt-ridden hero who agrees to ruin her in order to regain his family's wealth and title propel the plot of this page-turner. This well-written, realistic, and vividly descriptive story does an excellent job with a difficult time period.

The Great Bedroom War by Laurie Kellogg. FREE on Amazon (looks DRM free)

Quote:
Romance Writers of America® Golden Heart® Finalist

Fledgling entrepreneur Samantha Riverà is in charge of her own life for the first time and determined to keep it that way. She's attempting to banish her call-all-the-shots ex-husband from her dreams, but it's kind of tough forgetting the Zorro look-alike who's willing to do anything for her, except give her the only two things she wants--another baby and his love. When their 14-year-old daughter Dani--who's maintaining a shaky remission from leukemia--rebels, Sam foolishly seeks advice from her Don Juan ex, who, incidentally, could charm the knickers off a nun.

PWNN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winter's Heat by Denise Domning: FREE on Amazon

Quote:
1994 winner of Romantic Time's "Best First Historical"

A powerful baron forced to marry for want of an heir. A woman's expectation to rule an abbey torn from her. Now, a tide of treachery rises around them and their only hope is to trust, to cherish and to love unconditionally.

Love Will Find A Way by Barbara Freethy: FREE on Amazon

Quote:
Rachel fell in love at nineteen with a man who came into her life on a whirlwind of sunlight and romance. She married Gary Tanner, had his son, and thought she would live happily ever after. But fate had other plans. Gary died in a tragic accident … at least she thought it was an accident. Now, there are questions that need to be answered, and only one man she can turn to, Gary's best friend, Dylan.

Rachel was everything Dylan Prescott wanted in a woman. But Gary met her first, so she became untouchable. For years he stayed away from her. Now Rachel is a widow, her marriage is over, and she turns to him for help. The passion he feels for her is no longer out of his reach. The life he always wanted is beckoning to him, but when the secrets come out, will their love find a way to survive?

LordRose

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once Upon a Ballroom, an anthology of short stories by Maya Rodale, Miranda Neville, Caroline Linden, and Katharine Ashe, is free at Smashwords.
Rosie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorcery & Cecelia: or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot (A DIK review here) is $2.99 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Sorcery-Cecelia-Enchanted-Chocolate-ebook/dp/B007ZI07BM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1344380898&sr=1-1&keywords=sorcery+and+cecelia+or+the+enchanted+chocolate+pot

Outlaw in Paradise by Patricia Gaffney is $2.99 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Outlaw-in-Paradise-ebook/dp/B0069YO2NM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1344380871&sr=1-1&keywords=outlaw+in+paradise

The Dragon Tree by Marsha Canham (a reworked version of her former title My Forever Love) ... $3.99 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/The-Dragon-Tree-ebook/dp/B008OM83CS/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1344380789&sr=1-1&keywords=the+dragon+tree

Wicked at Heart by Danelle Harmon ... $3.99 Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Wicked-At-Heart-ebook/dp/B008LHV8QY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2K7JE92N48V8B&coliid=I2XN89ZZ0Q6KY1
baseballmom5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate Next Door by Jennifer Ashley .99 http://www.amazon.com/Regency-Pirates-Pirate-Next-ebook/dp/B007QEBAPW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1UGHYMISTBMOO&coliid=IBAHUI4LUDDBF
TerryS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you liked Denise Domning's "Winter's Heat" (thanks PWNN!), then you might also want to read "Spring's Fury," which is currently free on Amazon.

This is the story of Gilliam and Nicola, characters who appear in "Winter's Heat." I liked "Spring's Fury" even more than "Winter's Heat". Nicola is an unusual heroine, who because of her upbringing is insecure in her role as a woman. Gilliam, who has his own demons, realizes Nicola's worth much earlier than she does. Their verbal sparring is fun to read.

There is a lovely secondary story about a young boy whom Gilliam takes on as his young squire. The boy has been convinced by his parents that he is too weak and sickly to take on this role, but because his father and older brother have died, he will become the new lord. Geoffrey, Gilliam's brother, decides the boy needs to be trained in "knightly duties," and that Gilliam is the man for the job.

I paid for my copy, and it was worth every penny.
Danielle D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following book by Lisa Renee Jones is free this Thursday and Friday only.

Renegade's Passion (The Zodius Series)

http://www.amazon.com/Renegade-Passion-Zodius-Series-ebook/dp/B00845CM5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344550479&sr=8-1&keywords=renegade+passion+lisa+renee+jones&hq_e=el&hq_m=1899386&hq_l=2&hq_v=d28056e69f

So many books, so little time

http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/DanniD?ref=profile
http://www.shelfari.com/dani807

Now a Lady of Leisure
Jane A

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are repeat freebies, but maybe someone would be interested:

The Inconvenient Duchess by Christine Merrill at Harlequin and Amazon

Hired by The Cowboy by Donna Alward at Harlequin
PWNN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.fictionwise.com/

Fictionwise 60% off Code 081112

If business as usual it's good until Wed and they work in addition to 15% off new releases. (no Samhain)
PWNN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sourcebooks: Happy Birthday, Ms. Heyer! eBooks for $2.99 August 14 - August 20

Quote:
Thursday, August 16 would have been Georgette Heyer's 110th birthday. In honor of this most beloved author, who many call the Queen of Regency Romance, Sourcebooks is discounting EVERY SINGLE one of the eBooks we currently have available to $2.99 for one week, getting Heyer's Birthday Party started early on August 14!

http://www.sourcebooks.com/readers/browse-our-lists/ebook-specials.html

If it's like last year's sale these should (eventually) be price matched by other online retailers such as B&N, Amazon, Kobo, and Sony
Jane A

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather Graham has a freebie short story, Grave Danger, at Harlequin

It appears to be part of the anthology called Love is Murder.
delia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read all of these but I know some of the authors are popular in their genres. Some of these may be repeats:

The Wild One by Danelle Harmon: Free at Smashwords and $.99 at BN (reprint of Georgian historical)

Still Life with Murder by P. B. Ryan: Free at Smashwords and BN (reprint of post-Civil War murder mystery set in Boston)

Jenna's Cowboy by Sharon Gillenwater: Free at BN (contemporary Christian fiction)

Secrets by Kristen Heitzmann: Free at BN (contemporary Christian fiction)

Lakota Surrender by Karen Kay: Free at BN (historical Native American romance)

Stolen Fury by Elisabeth Naughton: Free at Smashwords and BN (contemporary romantic suspense romance)

Her Protector by Kiru Taye: Free at Smashwords and BN (haven't read it but very unusual setting sounds intriguing: precolonial West Africa)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: